By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gamescom 2014 official thread. PS4 10 million SOLD. Until Dawn. TearAway PS4. shit loads of games. Hellblade. so much more!

Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
That was an ok show

Good
WIld
Bunch of really cool looking reveals

Bad
Absolutely ignored the vita. Embarrassing for the company really
Sony first party studios are either in some deep shit or this is some really poor management by Shuhei/PR team

You are more forgiving than I. A lot of focus was given on indy titles that I either will ignore or get on PSN Plus or PC. To me it was a lackluster show. Also I do hate how the Vita is going, because that means Nintendo tries less. PSP vs DS was good for the industry. 

I don't care much for Nintendo first party offerings but I respect how they support both their systems with first party games, I have said this before as well. That being said 3ds is in big trouble too thanks to mobile. Dedicated handheld gaming will just never be the same sadly :( Good by PSP/DS days

Quite a few of the indie titles were console exclusive or exclusive overall tho. And Wild looks better than almost any game I have seen revealed this year. I don't mnd the indie focus. But yeah where the fk was GG's new IP etc. I know shuhei is the internet celeb these days but the guy isn't doing that good of a job with the management of studios and/or the PR department is filled with idiots. You strike while the iron is hot so they say...this is just stupid now

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
That was a lot of games.

Now it's time for the endless bitching about indie games. Here we go.

Exactly!

I mean if its a AAA for the PSVita , many on a ton of gaming sites just stated it was a "watered down PS3 port" and followed up by, well i would rather play that game on a PS3 or a PS4... Sony is giVING THE GAMER'S IT SEEMS WHAT THEY ASKED FOR!

They want AAA games for the PSVita, but A did not want to play extended time on a mobile handheld, but still wanted the living room console experience.

they want dual analog sticks , but not cramped one's

they wanted a Mobile device they can take every where and play....

Sony should just concentrate on living room console's and leave handheld gameing to Nintendo!

Thus to apease the "majority of gamer's" that sounded off Sony heard you very loud and clear you are getting exactly what the Majority of gamer's are asking for, a freaking living room console ver of the playstation Vita...so with playstation TV being it.

next thing is to drop the cost's of the PSVita memory cards.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

it might not be hard going from past gamescom conferences but my best gamescom to date

DerNebel said:
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Until Dawn? Is it just a classic game with normal controls now?

Overall, I personally found the conference ok, bit surprised that they put things like The Order, Bloodborne and LBP at the beginning and just played them off as if they weren't all that important. But I really liked the trailers for the Order and Bloodborne and love the confirmation that it's supposed to release in the next 6 months.

Wild looked pretty interesting as well, Rime looks still great imo and the 10 million announcement blew me away actually.

Overall I was satisfied, it was pretty much what I accepted. One thing confused me though, wasn't MM supposed to be working on a new IP?

They are working on a new IP as well. To me this just means that MM is big enough to have two projects (although their projects aren't UC4 size of course)

AnthonyW86 said:
prinz_valium said:
btw. this confirms there is no way for ps3 to reach 100m

last quarter they shipped 3.5m consoles.
nearly 3m should be ps4s to match this

End of June/Beginning of August

i kow. but shipping needs 4 weeks

4.2m end of 2013 sales

7m was announced mid april (2 weeks after fy quarter end)

janary - march quarter was 3.7m shipped ps3+ps4

not we got the 10m announcement 5 weeks after fy quarter end

and just 3.5m shipped

imho its a save bet so assume that this 3.5m consoles are over 2.7m ps4

Around the Network
chaotic_abyss said:
Lmao. So many salty "gamers" on here. Sony just showed a ton of games and you still whine? They killed it.

exactly!

many just want to say "where is the real game's" Playstation platforms have no games! not just the PS4 but the Argument wants to be framed to = all playstations to have "no games" vs every other freaking game platform!...lol

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Alt Removed - Carl

BenVTrigger said:
Santa Monica hasn't released a game or even announced one yet. That is worrying.

Most of the others have done something or at least announced something at least.

Well we know that the game they had worked on for 3 years or something was cancelled and GOW:A released in 2013, so I think we'll have to wait some time until we see anything from them

Great games were shown. no big announcement is disappointing, where is GG?
Noticeable games: Untill Dawn, Rime, Hellblade, Wild, Tearaway and of course, Bloodborne.
Good collection of games if you asked me.

lol https://mobile.twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/499258109505069056?p=v

Damn Vita :-/