By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gamescom 2014 official thread. PS4 10 million SOLD. Until Dawn. TearAway PS4. shit loads of games. Hellblade. so much more!

That showing by sony was horrible.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
DerNebel said:
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Until Dawn? Is it just a classic game with normal controls now?

Overall, I personally found the conference ok, bit surprised that they put things like The Order, Bloodborne and LBP at the beginning and just played them off as if they weren't all that important. But I really liked the trailers for the Order and Bloodborne and love the confirmation that it's supposed to release in the next 6 months.

Wild looked pretty interesting as well, Rime looks still great imo and the 10 million announcement blew me away actually.

Overall I was satisfied, it was pretty much what I accepted. One thing confused me though, wasn't MM supposed to be working on a new IP?

They are working on a new IP as well. To me this just means that MM is big enough to have two projects (although their projects aren't UC4 size of course)

They are? Oh good, I'm not that interested in Tearaway, looks cute, but not really up my alley.

You guys acting like anyone not impressed by this show isn't a "gamer" are frankly ridiculous.

Not eveyone needs to love everything that everyone shows. Some gamers want more AAA games, there is nothing wrong with that.

Ironically I'll probably buy / play more games than most of you trying to call me out. I buy everything. It still sucks to not see any major AAA announcement from Sony.

BenVTrigger said:
Santa Monica hasn't released a game or even announced one yet. That is worrying.

Most of the others have done something or at least announced something at least.

Sony Santa Monica had a game that got canned, we all know that. they had another team but they only started dev in late 2013. it will be a while before we see SSM. 

Dgc1808 said:
Fuck! Humans! The conference was going so well

LMAO hahahahah!

Around the Network

I have to say, some people here just like to complain. It's okay to be disappointed, but to repeat it several times is too much. We get it already!

I, for one, thought Sony had a great conference despite it being short. Like in E3, Microsoft was too conservative and there wasn't enough risk taking during their Gamescom conference either. Meanwhile, we got to see a bunch of games of all different sizes and genres. The plethora of variety of Sony's offerings took the cake.

true_fan said:
That showing by sony was horrible.

Better watch out, if you didn't love that conference you aren't a "gamer".

BenVTrigger said:
You guys acting like anyone not impressed by this show isn't a "gamer" are frankly ridiculous.

Not eveyone needs to love everything that everyone shows. Some gamers want more AAA games, there is nothing wrong with that.

Ironically I'll probably buy / play more games than most of you trying to call me out. I buy everything. It still sucks to not see any major AAA announcement from Sony.

No need to explode :)

Did last Gamescom revealed any AAA? I dont remember at all.

BenVTrigger said:

as are you and any one whining about this.

goes both ways.

You guys who keep saying it was a great conference don't understand.

Lots of people don't like playing these indie stuff. Personally, I only have a small amount of time to play. Thus, I only play games that I know are the absolute best. I will only buy games like The Last of Us or God of War and that stuff is what I want to see.

This conference showed none of those things. Thus, no matter how many indie stuff they show, it's still a worthless bunch for me.