By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could only ever game on 1 console, which would it be?

padib said:
CDiablo said:
Should include a poll, PS3 60gb wins hands down.

The OP doesn't mention a restriction on HD capacity I don't get the need to mention 60gb...

60gb hd in a ps3 normally refers to a ps3 with full hardware backwards compatibility, it's more a reference to its abilitys not the storage size.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
padib said:
CDiablo said:
Should include a poll, PS3 60gb wins hands down.

The OP doesn't mention a restriction on HD capacity I don't get the need to mention 60gb...

Best backwards compatible model of the PS3.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Veknoid_Outcast said:
KungKras said:
Wii.

Lets me play GC games, so I can play my most played console game ever: Smash Bros Melee. Also has some of my favourite N64 games on Virtual Console. Plus a lot of other cool retro games.

Oh, and it has some awesome Wii games too.

The only thing I'd really miss would be Perfect Dark and Turok. Turok isn't on VC yet, right?

Same here. All Wii games, all GameCube games, plus a huge assortment of NES, SNES, N64, NeoGeo, Genesis, and TurboGrafx-16 games.

Indubitably.  If we're taking backward compatibility into account, then the Wii is king, hands down for me.  It's not even remotely close.

Only counting a particular console's individual library of games though, makes the question much harder.  In that case it'd be between the NES, SNES or Gamecube for me.

The Wii until the new Smash comes out (and hopefully VC of GCN), then it would be the Wii U :)

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

3rd gen - NES
4th gen - SNES
5th gen - N64
6th gen - PS2
7th gen - PS3 or Wii
8th gen - PS4

Around the Network

Probably my PS3 slim
I like it.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Ka-pi96 said:

If you could game on only one console and nothing else which one would you choose?

I'd go for an original PS3. Mostly because of the PS1/2 backwards compatibility, the PS3 games would just be icing on the cake.

You basically named the perfect console with everything I need. If it was backward compatible then yes.

AZWification said:

I'm going with the SNES.. I never get tired of games like Super Metroid, Mario World, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger and such even if I keep replaying them over and over again!

Which is why I'd go with the Wii U. Because of Wii U games + Wii backwards compatibility + Wii's VC means I'm covered on everything except GameCube. And even then, I'd still be covered because many GC games got Wiimakes (RE4, both Pikmins, Metroid Prime Trilogy), and even one Wii U remaster (Wind Waker). And GC games could possibly come to the Wii U in the future. :)

burninmylight said:
AZWification said:

I'm going with the SNES.. I never get tired of games like Super Metroid, Mario World, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger and such even if I keep replaying them over and over again!

Which is why I'd go with the Wii U. Because of Wii U games + Wii backwards compatibility + Wii's VC means I'm covered on everything except GameCube. And even then, I'd still be covered because many GC games got Wiimakes (RE4, both Pikmins, Metroid Prime Trilogy), and even one Wii U remaster (Wind Waker). And GC games could possibly come to the Wii U in the future. :)

To be perfectly honest, I went with the SNES simply because I love the console that much! I guess that's what nostalgia does to me..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

xbox one, so i can play all the crap windows store games in the future...