By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could only ever game on 1 console, which would it be?

cusman said:
Easy choice: PS4

Best console to date. All the best PC/Indie/F2P games coming to it, plus all the best PS3 games getting ported/remastered, plus it will have PS Now for rest, and its controller is the best, and the user experience as a whole just set a new high standard for me, and really enjoying all the new games it has been getting steadily and expect great things to continue.

Yeah, too easy.  PS4.

Playstation now is coming too.  And the controller is fantastic.  Can't wait for Uncharted4 !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

Fat PS3 with compatibility to both ps2 and ps1, easy choice.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Ka-pi96 said:

If you could game on only one console and nothing else which one would you choose?

I'd go for an original PS3. Mostly because of the PS1/2 backwards compatibility, the PS3 games would just be icing on the cake.

How long do you think the BC PS3 will last before YLOD, particularly if it's your sole gaming console :P

Adameh said:
Wii U, because with that you're getting NES, SNES, GBA, DS, Wii with N64 and GC coming soon (pretty much every Nintendo console)

yeah I would go with this as well

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Ka-pi96 said:
mysteryman said:

How long do you think the BC PS3 will last before YLOD, particularly if it's your sole gaming console :P

Isn't breaking consoles a problem for all of them though? Besides these things can be repaired.

Of course. But their failure rates are very different. The BC PS3 is up there with the worst.

Around the Network

N64!! By far the best console ever! No console has ever came close and sadly never will...

mysteryman said:
Ka-pi96 said:
mysteryman said:

Isn't breaking consoles a problem for all of them though? Besides these things can be repaired.

Of course. But their failure rates are very different. The BC PS3 is up there with the worst.

Dude its just a question of preference. Do you necessaryly have to go around pouring sand in peoples cup of tea?

If that is it, then the xbox 360 shouldnt even be in this...

bring failure rate in a thread that doesnt have anything to do with it is just opening up a can of worms..

mysteryman said:
Ka-pi96 said:
mysteryman said:

No it isn't. The 360 is/was on its own as the worst put together console of all time. The failure rate was insane. 

overman1 said:
mysteryman said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Dude its just a question of preference. Do you necessaryly have to go around pouring sand in peoples cup of tea?

If that is it, then the xbox 360 shouldnt even be in this...

bring failure rate in a thread that doesnt have anything to do with it is just opening up a can of worms..

:P = joke

But if the OT is to be taken literally - as there don't seem to be any guidelines (such as BC, which muddies the question IMO) - then failure rate should be taken into account, as you'd be banking your entire gaming future on the livelihood of a single console unit.

As for OT, I'm torn between SNES ans N64. I'd lean towards N64 for the multiplayer aspect.

For me it's the SNES, a large amount of my favourite games are on the platform, including ones never released on the Virtual Console such as Knights of the Round.