By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has made 71 Brand new Franchises Since 2001

Puppyroach said:
AZWification said:

The number is pretty impressive... Too bad the same thing cannot be said for some of those games! I mean, Bonsai Barber? Fossil Fighters? Steel Diver? Those aren't spectacular games or anything!

But they are indeed spectacular names, wouldn´t you agree? :)

Awesome list, to bad few of them has caught on like their old games.

Yeah, I do agree with that! I mean, you cannot go wrong with names like " Bonsai Barber" and " Aura Aura Climber"!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I think that's pretty good. I do not complain like some do like "No new ips!!!" ect ect..........because I KNOW there are plenty of new ones coming in - I don't care whether it is a awesome eshop game like Pushmo, or a pretty big IP like Pokemon or Pikmin.

well they aren't new IP if they don't include blood, sex and violence cuz that is what the "hardcore" gamers mean when they talk about new IP

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It's not bad, but at the same time, I can't help but think they'd probably be better off making half that number but making new IP that are more marketable.

A lot of these concepts are pretty much destined to niche-ville.

You'd be better off investing in one new type of IP that goes on to become like an Uncharted or something. 

They forgot to mention Giftpia on Gamecube and Captain Rainbow on Wii

Around the Network

You know, honestly, I don't think people are talking about "Walk with me! Do you know your walking routine?" when they're calling for new IP from Nintendo. These games are fine, there is nothing wrong with them and they have their place. However, it's a bit disingenuous to bring them up when most people mean high-level, multi-entry franchises that can entice new consumers.

Raziel123 said:
Reading the names makes the number a lot less impressive.

True. You could say that many of them are not really something to buy a system for. Hmmmm...reminds me of some other kind of games...

Ryudo said:

Captain Rainbow? Lol Nintendo had the most fruitiest names.

NintendoSupporter<3 said:
Ryudo said:

Captain Rainbow? Lol Nintendo had the most fruitiest names.

Well its a game where you had to find Birdos dildo to prove shes female.

KLXVER said:

Well its a game where you had to find Birdos dildo to prove shes female.

It's a shame a game like that stayed in Japan..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---