By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has made 71 Brand new Franchises Since 2001

That's A TON

Uh-oh, Nerd-rage is happening:

You spelled "The Legendary Starfy" wrong and Friend Collection+Tomodachi Life are the same franchise.

nice

Around the Network

This list is like saying the ps4 has lots of games then going ahead to list a 100 indies.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Whenever someone says something similar to "NINTENDO JUST MAKS MRIO AND ZLDA WE NEED MOTHR4 ADN STAR FAX AND F0 AND PIKMIN4 YOU NVR MAKE ANYTHING NEW PS4 MAKES NEW STUFF YET UR 2 SCARED" just send them this list

nice

Ass Creed and CoD are way worse than Mario ever will be for pumping out the same garbage

estebxx said:
this only makes me wonder how many Brand new Franchises/IPS have Sony created or published since the PS1 and counting Handhelds....

i went through the list of sony IP and filtered for those prior to 2001 to match the OP.  126 (excluding the last guardian).  i also filtered out a few of the PC only titles and those that lacked proper citation.  side note: didn't realise sony put game on the snes.

.detuned

Atv offroad fury

Beats

Beyond two souls

Blade dancer

Blast factory

Bloodborne

Buzz!

c-12

calling all cars

the con

dark mist

demon’s souls

dead nation

digs nightcrawler

downhill domination

drakan

drive club

dropship united peace force

dual hearts

echochrome

echoshift

elefunk

entwined

escape plan

eye of judgement

everybody’s gone to rapture

extermination

eye toy

fat princess

the fight lights out

fired up

flow

flower

folklore

free realms

freedom wars

frequency

gangs of London

genji

the getaway

ghost hunter

god of war

gravity rush

hardware online arena

heavenly sword

helldivers

hohokum

high velocity bowling

ico

infamous

invizimals

jak and daxter

Jeanne d’arc

Journey

Killzone

Kinetica

Kingdom of paradise

Knack

Kungfu rider

Lair

The last guardian (I’ll keep this out of the final count lol)

The last guy

The last of us

Lifeline

Linger in shadows

Little big planet

Locoroco

Mad maestro

MAG

The mark of kri

Mlb the show

Modnation racers

Motor storm

Mister mosquito

Murasaki baby

My street

Okage shadow king

Oreshika

The order 1886

Pain

Pataon

Pixel junk

Piyotama

Planetside

Playstation all-stars

Primal

Puppeteer

Pursuit force

Rain

Ratchet and clank

Reality fighters

Resistance

Resogun

Jet li rise of honor

Rogue galaxy

Rule of rose

Savage moon

Shadow of the colossus

The shoot

Sing star

Siren

Skygunner

Sly cooper

Snakeball

Socom

Sorcery

Soul sacrifice

Sports champions

Starhawk

Super rub a dub

Tearaway

Tokyo jungle

Tourist trophy

Toy home

Trash panic

Tsugunai

Toro

Uncharted

The unfinished swan

Unit 13

Until dawn

Untold ledgends

War of the monsters

Warhawk

White knight chronicles

Wonderbook

Around the Network
poklane said:
estebxx said:
this only makes me wonder how many Brand new Franchises/IPS have Sony created or published since the PS1 and counting Handhelds....

According to Wikipedia, Sony currently owns 198 different IPs (sorry if I miscounted) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment#Owned_franchises_and_properties

Well i wouldnt expect any less than a huge number coming from the Console maker whose best games every generation are mostly new IPS.

PS1: Twisted Metal, Tekken, Silent Hill, The Legend of Dragoon, Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, Resident Evil, Medievil, Syphoon Filter, Spyro.

PS2: Shadow of the Collosus, Ico, Killzone, God of War, Zone of the Enders, .Hack, Disgaea, Yakuza, Monster Hunter, Rachet and Clank.

PS3: Uncharted, The Last of Us, Demons Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Infamous, Resistance fall of Man, Dragons Crown, Nino Kuni.

DISCLAIMER: yes i know some of those games werent made by Sony First party or Published by Sony (like Monster Hunter or ZOE) but they made their original debut (new IP) as PS Exclusives at the time, and they are some of the best games on those respective PS consoles.

Impressive! Wii U needs much more though.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

A lot of those franchises are dead. Making a franchise is easy, investing in it and keeping it afloat is hard.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

...I was kind of impressed until it turned out like 90% of the list was shovelware.

VanceIX said:
A lot of those franchises are dead. Making a franchise is easy, investing in it and keeping it afloat is hard.

and Nintendo is probably one of the best at that.