By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I've got some info on the Destiny Expansions.

Burek said:
Teeqoz said:
Burek said:
It's everybody's prerogative to choise the game and the monetization style they prefer.
There are people here who prefer single player experiences with no DLCs. This is not a game for them.
There are people who enjoy playing annual franchises. This is not a game for them.
Then there are people who like coop and multiplayer experiences and enjoy having their game world expanded with new content. They will buy this game. And this is a thread for them.

There are people who enjoy CoD, but I highly doubt that they enjoy it because it's an annual franchise.....

I wasn't talking about CoD specifically. There are sports franchises that actually fit my intent much better. You pay a full price for a few graphical tweeks, a slightly different game mode and a shuffled roster. Yet they sell like hotcakes every year. And they should, because people obviously see the value. Those that don't, buy it once and shuffle rosters themselves.

So, some see the value in Destiny's strategy, some don't. And that's perfectly fine. Choices exist because we have different tastes. 

It's jyst annoying when people who have no interest in the game hijack the thread and waste everybody's time. I came here to discuss Destiny and its expansions, not to debate the monetization options of every other game ever made.

If someone dislikes the DLCs offered, say so and move on, or make a thread about the economic feasibility of gaming, because I'm sick of reading thread after thread of everything but the topic in question.

I'm just saying that something being an annual franchise is not a selling point, the game itself and the game mechanics is. If a guy plays cod without knowing it's an annual franchise it wont change his experience whatsoever.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hype droping fast ...

I dunno, I would actually expect the hype to rise. 2 expansion packs are the size of 4 Borderlands 2 expansions, which is great. It could really give the game new legs every few months. Those who are still playing will have the chance to keep playing if they so wish by purchasing the expansions.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

BenVTrigger said:
Wright said:

What happens if you keep playing the vanilla game without the expansions?

Dont have that info other than I was told that the game really is designed with the expanded content in mind. The expansions for this game will hit often and they will be very large so you would be missing a ton of content.

Well they said from the beginning it was a 10 year project so I'm guessing you can't reach the end without it.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Miguel_Zorro said:

I might just wait and buy the Game of the Year edition next year with everything included.

I think the game is gonna last a lot longer than a year. It's a long-term project, not an annual one.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I will buy it , the only downside I see is there is a destiny story that involves reclaiming mankind's role in the universe and so not buying the expansions could mean that you don't finish destiny's story.
Now Bungie could have a situation where the story has a ending and each expansion tells other story lines and acts as a bridge to Destiny 2 , but somehow I doubt it , and feel they will dole out the story in increments, and the time from launch to the first expansions seem to suggest that will be the case .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

I'm cancelling my pre-order

Having played the beta was quite fun, but I get the sense that it's best played with a friend or two. My friend won't have a PS4 for a while, so I feel I'm better off waiting for a while and getting more bang for my buck

I can see how this is the best way of funding the game, but I really hate DLC

So isn't this actually bad for gamestop? No one will ever trade their destiny copy in?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
So isn't this actually bad for gamestop? No one will ever trade their destiny copy in?

I think Gamestop will make a ton of money off of Expansion download codes. And surely some will trade it in once they give up on the game and don't want to expand the story.

Burek said:
NiKKoM said:

I think Gamestop will make a ton of money off of Expansion download codes. And surely some will trade it in once they give up on the game and don't want to expand the story.

Hmmm... maybe there will be exclusive Gamestop expensions.... admit it Benvtrigger!! shows us your true gamestop colors!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Nkh3 said:

You sound upset.

But I'm right.This is how much it would cost "us"  IF WE WANTED the best.

I didn't say we are obliged to pay as much.

Why the attack ?

Upset? nah, just dumbfounded by the logic, or complete lack thereof.

If neither of you have PS4's anyway, then 900$ of that $1100 ($1090 to be precise) has nothing, at all, to do with Destiny or it's pay model.
If you both wanted to play a PS4 game together you would be spending $1020 total anyway.

So the more accurate view is, you and your friend, don't have the money to play anything on PS4.