By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This new found certainty of Nintendo fans that the Wii U will end up 2. is kinda unfounded

Do you think the Wii U will finish second this gen?

Yes 313 58.07%

No 165 30.61%

Results 60 11.13%

Total:538

As a Nintendo fan, I honestly see the WiiU ending in 2nd place ONLY if Amiibos, Splatoon or something else happen to take off and become very popular!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

I dont know. 

It could be that people will stop buying Xbox one altogether and once they get tired of their PS4 look at the Wii U, but then again if they get tired of their PS4 there are still great exclusives on Xbox one that they could look at as well. Or maybe it'll be the case that one console is enough for most people. I mean a lot of people aren't really hardcore gamers who buy a lot of games every year. 

Nintendona said:

Yeah but that was the time before the Nintendo E3 and the MK8 so yeah will see because it's on now......

What 'Der Nebel' says (and that isn't unreasonable) is: Next year E3 MS could say something and release a game that has similar effects to X1 as MK8 and this years E3 have to WiiU. You also have to think about the fact, that WiiU is one year ahead in it's lifetime and probably will reach it's peak one year before the X1.

Many things can happen though, so I missed the poll-option: 'I have no idea'.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:

I dont know. 

It could be that people will stop buying Xbox one altogether and once they get tired of their PS4 look at the Wii U, but then again if they get tired of their PS4 there are still great exclusives on Xbox one that they could look at as well. Or maybe it'll be the case that one console is enough for most people. I mean a lot of people aren't really hardcore gamers who buy a lot of games every year. 

Well many casual gamers havent upgraded to the WiiU. If they do then the WiiU sales could skyrocket. 

KLXVER said:

Well many casual gamers havent upgraded to the WiiU. If they do then the WiiU sales could skyrocket. 

That's true that they haven't and I don't see any reason that they will. I'm in the camp that says people like that wouldn't normally have bought a console in the first place and especially won't now when they can get free, easy, and addictive games on their phones and tablets. To me, a lot of the people that bought the wii are the same kind of people that get addicted to Candy Crush and Farmville, etc.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Casual gamers have already 'upgraded' they are playing with mobile phones now.

People keep saying that, but maybe those people get tired of the mobile games and gets a WiiU. 

KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:

People keep saying that, but maybe those people get tired of the mobile games and gets a WiiU. 

It's too late for that I think. Those kinds of things are based around something like motion controls that becomes a craze. The Wii U doesn't have that effect.

KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Casuals won't get tired of mobile gaming as long as they keep buying trash like that Kim Kardashian game..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

phaedruss said:

It's too late for that I think. Those kinds of things are based around something like motion controls that becomes a craze. The Wii U doesn't have that effect.

Maybe it doesnt have the right game yet. Nintendo is also looking into advertising on the mobile phones, so they might reach more people that way.

Man its like Nintendo fans think anything that has 3rd party support is exactly the same. Theres a ton of games that the PS4 doesn't have that you can get on X1. How is Wii U the perfect secondary console if the Xbox One has better features, multimedia support, online, adult exclusives, and a hell of a lot more update support.