By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This new found certainty of Nintendo fans that the Wii U will end up 2. is kinda unfounded

Do you think the Wii U will finish second this gen?

Yes 313 58.07%

No 165 30.61%

Results 60 11.13%

Total:538
phaedruss said:
ikki5 said:
DerNebel said:

And it also to a degree reminds me of last gens 360 vs PS3, where PS3 fans would constantly point out how launches aligned the PS3 was always ahead.

This is also and to a much clearer degree the case with the Wii U vs X1, just look at it:

Wii U Xbox One
07.13.2013/07.12.2014 3,248,267 4,906,728

It's not even close.

In the first half of 2014 the X1 has outsold the first half of 2013 for the Wii U by about 2 to 1 and now people jump to the conclusions that the Wii U will be second because the Wii U (second year) is slightly outselling the X1 (first year) for a couple weeks, while still being clearly behind overall even in 2014?

Come on, I think we should know better than that.

that's the past, looking at things now, the Wii U has outsold the Xbox world wide on a couple of weeks and and when it hasn't, it's been very close. The first half yeah, it sold more but now, it struggles to outsell it. also, you'd expect something new to outsell something older in the first few months of a year, like come on. The Xbox One was only 2 months old in January. People were still trying to get their copy of the console. But now that the surge is over, the evidence is enough to show that it may not but such a killer as people claimed it to be.

Yes the Wii U has outsold the xbox one for a few weeks with the release of the Wii U's biggest game. 

and xbox one didnt get one either this year P

*cough cough* titanfall

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Not just Nintendo fans, i think the same thing. It's gonna be a similar situation to PS3/360 where the XB1 will have advantage in US and UK but every other country will give have Wii U above it. Overall gap will probably be small though, just like PS360

Raziel123 said:
Not just Nintendo fans, i think the same thing. It's gonna be a similar situation to PS3/360 where the XB1 will have advantage in US and UK but every other country will give have Wii U above it. Overall gap will probably be small though, just like PS360

this 

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

When has the OP ever said one positive thing about Nintendo? All I hear is negativity about Nintendo from him across this forum.

Anyways, it isn't ridiculous to say the Wii U has a chance at 2nd. As you mentioned, Sony guys clamored for hope that PS3 would claim second and they ended up never getting it until 7th gen was over. XBO still has a hill to climb first before you think it isn't possible that the Wii U will fall to 3rd. Nintendo is bringing out a lot of titles this holiday, so we will see what happens then, but I expect the Wii U to jump even further ahead by the time the holidays are over.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

OfficerRaichu15 said:
this thread is starting a console war -_-

What did you expect from a thread like this one?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:
When has the OP ever said one positive thing about Nintendo? All I hear is negativity about Nintendo from him across this forum.

Anyways, it isn't ridiculous to say the Wii U has a chance at 2nd. As you mentioned, Sony guys clamored for hope that PS3 would claim second and they ended up never getting it until 7th gen was over. XBO still has a hill to climb first before you think it isn't possible that the Wii U will fall to 3rd. Nintendo is bringing out a lot of titles this holiday, so we will see what happens then, but I expect the Wii U to jump even further ahead by the time the holidays are over.

I don't know how that is even remotely relevant here, but I have in fact said several positive things about Nintendo. I love some of their franchises (especially Zelda, Smash and Pokemon) and I have always held the believe that their handhelds are far and away the best.

Yeah its surprising that some people actually think that.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

OfficerRaichu15 said:

*cough cough* titanfall

So a new IP compared to a well established and well known IP is equal? OK THEN.

phaedruss said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

*cough cough* titanfall

So a new IP compared to a well established and well known IP is equal? OK THEN.

Heres some quotes i saw on various forums about titanfall

"believe the hype"

"its the second coming of Christ" (yes some said this)

"Game of the Genereation"

"The end of the PS4 is near"

Now Nintendo Fans called Mario Kart

"Wii U's Savior"

thats all i found for wii u and xbox one

I mean i think xbox one will sell more than wii u but saying wii u got its only killler app when the most hyped new ip of all time released this year then yeah.

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Hell no WiiU won't end up in second unless it really takes off with Amiibo in a completely unpredictable insane Pokemon-esque way.

However, it will remain in second place for perhaps another 12 months from today.

WiiU has pretty much sealed its fate to final sales of 16-25 million.
Xbone is much more uncertain, but also has much more potential. 25-65 million.

MS could maybe even exceed my expectations if they take on the risk. However I also think there's that slight chance they see little profit and seeing ground lost from last gen say "Screw it!" and don't fully support the product, instead focusing elsewhere. I think that's a small chance though.