By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This new found certainty of Nintendo fans that the Wii U will end up 2. is kinda unfounded

Do you think the Wii U will finish second this gen?

Yes 313 58.07%

No 165 30.61%

Results 60 11.13%

Total:538
TheLastStarFighter said:
Right now it looks like U will outsell One because it is a better value proposition -- I don't really care about the sales to date. Essentially, there is very little reason to buy a One over a 4. Most consumers will choose the 4 since it's the superior product given that the libraries are almost identical. However, the U offers a different product at a lower price with a different library. Some consumers will choose this option instead of a 4 or perhaps in addition to their 4. This is a broad generalization and One is going to sell some systems, but I think in the grand scheme it will hold true for now.

This could all change dramatically with new product, services or marketing and One could be on top of the industry by next year.

This... is pretty much what I was going to say.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Wii U will be no.1 in the end

Fusioncode said:
Mario Kart is the biggest system seller the WiiU is ever going to get. It definitely helped but it's not even close to the number of consoles a new Halo or Uncharted will move. For a system's 3rd year the WiiU is doing terrible and it's going to do much worse next year.

3rd year? The Wii U was released in November 2012 so it's in its 2nd year.

Signature goes here!

Lol come September when Xbox One releases in the other 29 countries there will be nothing else to say about the couple thousand more Wii Us sold during their biggest exclusive haul that gives you a free game.

jlmurph2 said:
Lol come September when Xbox One releases in the other 29 countries there will be nothing else to say about the couple thousand more Wii Us sold during their biggest exclusive haul that gives you a free game.

wait are you expecting small european/japan to help it that much?

because its fine of your opinion i was just asking

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Fusioncode said:
Mario Kart is the biggest system seller the WiiU is ever going to get. It definitely helped but it's not even close to the number of consoles a new Halo or Uncharted will move. For a system's 3rd year the WiiU is doing terrible and it's going to do much worse next year.

Well, WiiU already benefitted from 2 christmas and that is saying a lot.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
TruckOSaurus said:
Fusioncode said:

its not even 2 years old yet :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

OfficerRaichu15 said:
jlmurph2 said:

wait are you expecting small european/japan to help it that much?

because its fine of your opinion i was just asking

It will keep it above Wii U

OfficerRaichu15 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Fusioncode said:

Thats why he said its IN its second year...

KLXVER said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Fusioncode said:

Thats why he said its IN its second year...

I was going for a full 2 years 

my bad :P

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?