By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire remake graphics comparison.

Tagged games:

Heh, they have a Wii U now instead of a Gamecube

nice

Around the Network

Cant wait!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Do you think that they will make some of the cities bigger?

AZWification said:

The graphics have improved quite a bit obviously.. I'm going to get it simply because it's a remake of my favorite Pokemon game which is not a remake!

Not sure how this is an improvement? It's neither an improvement nor a decline, just a lateral step. 2D pixel graphics done really really well, and 3D graphics done really really well.

LemonSlice said:
AZWification said:

The graphics have improved quite a bit obviously.. I'm going to get it simply because it's a remake of my favorite Pokemon game which is not a remake!

Not sure how this is an improvement? It's neither an improvement nor a decline, just a lateral step. 2D pixel graphics done really really well, and 3D graphics done really really well.

Well, that's obviously what I meant by 'improvement'.. :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

BIG improvement.

Looks great! May have to pick this up, especially if they bring back the secret base feature from the original Ruby/Sapphire. I really liked that feature...

Hmm

AZWification said:
LemonSlice said:
AZWification said:

Well, that's obviously what I meant by 'improvement'.. :-/

Aha, but 3D is not an "improvement" over 2D, just a different style. :)

Nintendo continues to put no effort into the worlds biggest franchise.

LemonSlice said:
AZWification said:

While the style is different first and foremost, there are some things that I think are pretty objectively "better" from the interactions with NPCs to the museum and the cruise and the battles (I guess its not really objective, but I think it looks a lot better :/)...I love pixel art, but the new style looks a lot better in some places ^.^