By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire remake graphics comparison.

Tagged games:

That's a true remake with a lot of effort in it apparently. I will probably buy it. XY were amazing and theses remakes are at XY standard.

Around the Network
Smear-Gel said:
Cheddarchet said:
Looks great! May have to pick this up, especially if they bring back the secret base feature from the original Ruby/Sapphire. I really liked that feature...

They're back.

It's the contests tha I await the return. Ruby/Saphir contests were very fun and tactical. The contests of D/P were incredibly shitty in comparison.

I hope the game will be made compatible with XY online, as it is not a new generation. Bue due to new mega evolution, it will probably not be the case.

It may split the (enormous) online user base.

Ka-pi96 said:

Would surprise me if wasn't compatible. All previous games from the same gen have been, so I don't see why these wouldn't be.

I don't remember if you could battle B/W with a Silver remake? But the thing now is that new mega evolutions that are not in Pokemon XY exist. So battling will probably not be possible while extchanges will be limited at pokemons not holding new megastones?

There would be the possibility of patching XY, but that's a game changing patch, not one to fix bugs like the first two were.

Ka-pi96 said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Would surprise me if wasn't compatible. All previous games from the same gen have been, so I don't see why these wouldn't be.

I don't remember if you could battle B/W with a Silver remake? But the thing now is that new mega evolutions that are not in Pokemon XY exist. So battling will probably not be possible while extchanges will be limited at pokemons not holding new megastones?

There would be the possibility of patching XY, but that's a game changing patch, not one to fix bugs like the first two were.

Silve remake was gen 4 and did work with the other gen 4 games, platinum/pearl/diamond. B/W was gen 5 so it didn't with silver remake. Both these remakes and X/Y are gen 6 so should really work together. B/W 2 worked with B/W 1 and I'm sure they added more formes or something so maybe.
Guess we will find out for sure soon though.

You are right for Soul Silver. However it did not really introduce any new Pokemon (like mega evolutions). I just read on Wiki that object like Rage Candy Bar who weren't in Pokemon D/P couldn't be extchanged.

So probably no battle with new mega evolution with XY.

Around the Network

Just finished Pokemon Silver. This is the next one i should play? I mean, according to the timeline or whatever.

POE said:
Just finished Pokemon Silver. This is the next one i should play? I mean, according to the timeline or whatever.

According to the timeline yes.

POE said:

Yup. Pokemon RSE are next! I recommend Emerald because it generally has more content..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I like the close-ups when talking to gym leaders. Seems to help their personalities come across more strongly.

AZWification said:
POE said:

Yup. Pokemon RSE are next! I recommend Emerald because it generally has more content..

Emmerald? aren´t these called Ruby and Saphire?