By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Israel is getting out of hand

Carl2291 said:

On Sky News now -

60 people wounded including 30 medical staff after tanks shelled Central Gaza Hospital.

How can anyone defend this?

Edit - Watch your quote trees people!

Neither side is defensible the way I see it. Both have intentionally murdered civilians, and there's no excuse or justification for that.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
nanarchy said:
bubblegamer said:

Nah, maybe you use movies to learn about stuff like that, i don't. History is written by the winners and is manipulated all the time, so nothing is final. But we do know there was no Israelian state in that region less than a century ago and when you look up the older maps you see it was much smaller than it is today. Colonisation is what that means.

Pointless arguing with you as you obvious have an agenda and extremely biased view. But you don't get to pick and choose which parts of a lands history to take note of if you want to claim historical rights to it. I don't support either side, but you really should get a more thorough education of the areas history as it might help you understand both sides of the conflict a little better.

Even IF there was no history to be studied i have eyes and i can see a country much more powerfull than the other one using everything it has to kill them.

Thing is that one country is only used as a puppet, as a substitute for other countries that want to wipe out Israel. They are using palestines as toys to keep up the war and to draw a picture of the aggressive Israel that kill innocent people just because they want to and they can which is of course not right.

bubblegamer said:

Thanks, but i don't take advice from biased people claiming i'm the one with bias. Even IF there was no history to be studied i have eyes and i can see a country much more powerfull than the other one using everything it has to kill them. Excuse me for not sympathizing with them because they get shot with rockets from a rebel movements that is trying to save their lands. It's like they are supposed to fall in line and let themselves be killed because hey Israel existed there thousands of years ago, according to some book.

If they were using everything they had I don't think Palestine would even exist.

Perhaps we would share your views if Israel wasn't under attack. That's a tiny thing you seem to ignore.

You shouldn't expect Israel to fall in line either.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It war man, the only side that right is the side that wins....

arcane_chaos said:

Problem is - what does "win" mean in this situation? Israel could easily make Gaza a fallout-area and get a fast "win" but the consequences (globally) wouldn't make it a "win" for anyone.

Around the Network

Yea, I wouldn't take aljazeera as a credible, unbiased source.

And yes, let's list all the wrongs committed by Israel, while ignoring anything Palestine has done/supported, like harboring terrorists, like Hamas. If Palestine really wanted peace they could request a ceasefire, then march some of their army to Gaza and help eradicate the terrorist scum. But, they won't. Instead they support them with their inaction.

walsufnir said:
arcane_chaos said:

Problem is - what does "win" mean in this situation? Israel could easily make Gaza a fallout-area and get a fast "win" but the consequences (globally) wouldn't make it a "win" for anyone.

True,  I guess there is no "win" for either side in this situation as this has happened many time before. I think a better thing to say will be the "victories" both side will claim; Isreal will probaby claim that destroyed a large percentage of tunnels, rocket-launch sites, and weapon caches. While Hamas will claim victory to the deaths of every military Israeli killed or captured and use the deaths of the innocent to add to their ranks.

walsufnir said:

Ehm, you should take a history class, I guess.

Yes you should because he is correct in everything that he said, historically.

Ironically if the arabs had accepted the UN partition peace would not have been an issue...

Sad really that both factions were unable to control their demons since then...

walsufnir said:
alabtrosMyster said:
walsufnir said:

There is one thing clear, every time there were peace offers, Israel refused them, Israel refuses to let the Palestinians control their own country, move freely and trade freely with the outside world, they settle on their land, burn their farms and are constantly beating them up, through their settlers and their army, I ask you, who would not resist any way they can? who in their right mind would just wait until their people are completely anihilated until they do something, something as basic as throwing a rock or launching a "rocket" that would be considered a small firework anywhere else?

Only Israel refuses? Come on, this is wrong and you should know that. Hamas is *never* going to contract peace with Israel!

More interestingly though, how does Hamas manage to get all these rockets and generally weapons? Who is supporting them? Who doesn't want to stop this war behind the scenes?

I really appreciate your interventions in general walsufnir and this is no exception

Hamas has had so much help from international terrorist networks that one can hardly qualify this conflict as Israel vs Palestine.

this is perhaps the most precise documentary we have on how the network of Palestinian resistance extends :

http://vimeo.com/67054759