By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are people actually still satisfied with the 3DS? I'm not.

kupomogli said:

You sound like me but with Nintendo instead of Sony.

I've actually brought this up plenty of times.  The Vita has no games, but the 3DS isn't that far ahead.  It's got a little bit more third party support in the west and it's got a lot more first party support, but the system seems almost as dead as the Vita does.  In comparison to the PSP and DS libraries, the Vita and 3DS are a joke. 

lol The 3DS aint no Vita, pal.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

I've actually brought this up plenty of times.  The Vita has no games, but the 3DS isn't that far ahead.  It's got a little bit more third party support in the west and it's got a lot more first party support, but the system seems almost as dead as the Vita does.  In comparison to the PSP and DS libraries, the Vita and 3DS are a joke. 

Seriously. I don't get how people are okay with this. Where are the KH:DDD's and the KI:U's and the RE:R's? 3DS went from the modern day SNES to the portable Wii U with better sales.

KLXVER said:

When it comes to support, it's getting pretty damn close.

KLXVER said:
kupomogli said:

If you look at the bolded, I never said it was.  I said it's really not that far ahead when it comes to content on the system and in comparison to the PSP and DS libraries, both the Vita and 3DS are a joke.

Both handhelds are in a downward spiral as I see it. The software market for portable games has moved to the tablets and smartphones. Nintendo, and Sony need to put out hardware that does games first, but is also capable of making phone calls, and supporting apps from social networks, sports, banking, music, video, productivity.

Both the handheld and console market are in a tough spot as the competition is catching up, and doing so with much more popular hardware, with much more advanced OS's. In the mobile space things are even worse as Phones are more powerful and trick people into thinking they are cheaper due to contracts. Nintedno and Sony can not support hardware all by them selves. They need support from talented developers, and big publishers. Unless they are willing to adapt I feel they will both be pushed out of the mobile games market, and if they are not careful they will find them selves in the same position in the home console market.

As good as Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Donkey Kong, and the rest are, they are no match for the shear amount of software available from the other 95% of developers and publishers.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Yea, maybe Ninty trying to push people to the Wii U. The 3DS was never going to be anything overly spectacular, but it's been solid enough. I think the Wii U is about to take off in the coming year(s).

kupomogli said:

If you look at the bolded, I never said it was.  I said it's really not that far ahead when it comes to content on the system and in comparison to the PSP and DS libraries, both the Vita and 3DS are a joke.

The PSP had some great games, but it was not better than the 3DS when it was 3 years old.

KBG29 said:
Both handhelds are in a downward spiral as I see it. The software market for portable games has moved to the tablets and smartphones. Nintendo, and Sony need to put out hardware that does games first, but is also capable of making phone calls, and supporting apps from social networks, sports, banking, music, video, productivity.

Both the handheld and console market are in a tough spot as the competition is catching up, and doing so with much more popular hardware, with much more advanced OS's. In the mobile space things are even worse as Phones are more powerful and trick people into thinking they are cheaper due to contracts. Nintedno and Sony can not support hardware all by them selves. They need support from talented developers, and big publishers. Unless they are willing to adapt I feel they will both be pushed out of the mobile games market, and if they are not careful they will find them selves in the same position in the home console market.

As good as Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Donkey Kong, and the rest are, they are no match for the shear amount of software available from the other 95% of developers and publishers.

No they don't. No one will buy a Nintendo phone. The mobile still, while the mobile space is an issue, I still fail to see how publishers think that games like Deus Ex: The Fall won't make a profit on the 3DS for $40, but it will on an ipad for $10. People don't go to cell phones for games like that. I'm pretty sure Shadowgun is a free to play mobile game. It could be sold for $40 on the 3DS and make a bunch of money. Doesn't make sense.

garretslarrity said:
Somehow I'm stuck on a backlog.

Same. I have at least six games in my 3DS backlog right now. There was an eShop sale on Atlus games I while back, and I managed to snag SMT: Devil Survivor for $15. I also have Megaman Xtreme 2, and got Donkey Kong Country 3D as a Club Nintendo reward. Then I had a friend talk me into getting Tomadachi Life, so we could share Miis from our favorite anime fandoms. It's pretty hilarious watching Sinbad flirt with Himari Takakura. If I ever get through those, I'll have some even older games from my DS backlog.

I honestly don't have time for any other systems at the moment....even if the games I'm playing through are all old now. Maybe my tastes are different, but I can't see the current drought of new games affecting me for the rest of the year. It's nice having new games constantly, but there's no rule against buying old games that you didn't have time for when they were released. If you're like me, you can get them for cheap or free later.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Chasesdaddy84 said:
Yea, maybe Ninty trying to push people to the Wii U. The 3DS was never going to be anything overly spectacular, but it's been solid enough. I think the Wii U is about to take off in the coming year(s).

I don't think so at all. I think it's continue selling at generally the same rate and be succeeded by a new console in holiday 2016. The 3DS was fantastic until this year. It was an amazing console with a slew of amazing games. Now it's just a shell.