By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, will Destiny outsell CoD this year?

Nah, CoD: AW will sell more.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
AZWification said:

CoD will sell much better than Destiny...... sadly...... *sigh* :-/

How much do you think?

Well, CoD AW might sell ~20 million and Destiny probably won't go past 15 million.. :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

On Next gen, yep. Overall, nope... Not this year anyway

It depends on how long activision supports it for. If it has long legs and isn't replaced by an annual sequal then it could very beat COD by being a constant next gen seller, the same way mario kart was for the wii.

AZWification said:

Well, CoD AW might sell ~20 million and Destiny probably won't go past 15 million.. :-/

15 million? I have it at around 6-8 million...

Has halo ever outsold Cod?..

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
AZWification said:

I think the PS4 version alone will sell 6 million or so..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Maybe. I just dont think itll be the massive seller some people think it will. Dont mind being wrong though

KLXVER said:
AZWification said:

Maybe. I just dont think itll be the massive seller some people think it will. Dont mind being wrong though

Well, the pre-order charts for only US has it with 500k preorders for PS4 with 9 more weeks to go, and in general the ten last weeks add the most pre-orders. Although I have heard that the Pre-order charts here are complete guessing.

KLXVER said:
AZWification said:

WHAT!?

Have 1,5 million of pre order ONLY in USA, and the game will comin between more of 2 month, and you said 6 million???

drake_tolu said:
KLXVER said:
AZWification said:

WHAT!?

Have 1,5 million of pre order ONLY in USA, and the game will comin between more of 2 month, and you said 6 million???

Yeah a total of 6-8m is such a low ball figure. This game is going to be big, just based on the hype alone its going to hit 10m. Now you could say that Titanfall had a lot of hype, but it was a different kind of hype... Destiny is getting so much positive reviews from the alpha/beta, just think its going to be big. Titanfall also messed up with the release of its current gen version, releasing weeks after, the hype had already started to fade at that point.

Destiny is going to be one of the biggest games of the year.. no problem. Watch_Dogs did what 4m first week? Reckon Destiny will do at least 6m within the first week along.

COD - still think there is a big group of people wanting COD, so i think that might be a step too far, but lets be fair, COD/Battlefield are losing their shine at quite a pace these days... wouldnt count out Destiny beating COD this year, just on the fact that Destiny will have longer time to market... it could be close.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!