By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, will Destiny outsell CoD this year?

Of course, COD is an old gen ip, Destiny is marketing as a next gen ip, so it will sell less on old gen.

But Next gen Destiny > next gen COD

PS4 Destiny > PS3 Destiny + 360 Destiny ( maybe + One Destiny)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

I took a look at the pre-order charts, and the numbers are HUGE! I'm sure Destiny will outsell CoD on next-gen, but will it be able to do it combined?

Discuss

I'm not too sure about that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes the "fastest selling new IP" away from Watch Dogs. Depends how fatigued people are of COD as well I think.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I'm going to say yes. Not only does it have word of mouth, but it is also a fresh IP, with much better gameplay and graphics than any CoD, period. Plus $500,000,000 helps a bit too

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

It will pass CoD in sales. After the surprising numbers we got for Watch Dogs when everyone said that it wont sell well. Not to mention Destiny has been toping like every chart so far since like 2 months ago. It's remarked as the biggest game of the year also. Oh and let's not forget it comes with a bundled white PS4.

If im wrong ill just eat some crow, but common you all want it to pass CoD sales.

On VGChartz pre-orders (with a grain of salt), Destiny preorders are highest for PS4/Xbox1. COD AW preorder is highest on the last gen system xbox360. Regardless of which game sell more this year, this does not bode well for COD for future releases when the last gen gamers migrate to PS4/xbox1.

Around the Network

I really want it to beat Cod.

I think people are overestimating COD:AW, I mean if this were Ghosts I'd be with everyone saying I doubt it with everyone else, but Advanced Warfare is trailing so far behind it in Pre-Orders

CoD:Ghosts CoD:AW Destiny
PS4 202,195   39,381 304,698
XB1 207,932 55,268 265,613
360 350,464 62,914 119,246
PS3 180,056 22,669 57,605
Total 940,647 180,232 747,162

(Edit: There, now you can actually read it :P)

And those are all 16 weeks out (cept PS4 and XB1 versions of ghosts, for some reason the "Weeks til launch" on them were screwy and went from 23 weeks to 15, so I just used the 23) I HIGHLY doubt Advanced Warfare will outsell, at the very least not this year. And even if its true that the Pre-Orders charts on this site tend to be iffy, that is a REALLY big gap to just be over and undercalculation

os playstation destiny will sell more
on xbox, CoD.

Doesn't look like it bruh

Not next gen only or this year

I hope not. I've played both, and for the first time since MW2 actually had fun with a CoD, but Destiny just seems average at best to me

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!