By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, will Destiny outsell CoD this year?

There's actually a very strong chance yes.

Around the Network

Destiny will outsell COD.
Most of Destiny's sales will be for current gen (primarily on PS4).
However, COD is not carrying well in the current gen. Most of COD's sales will be for the last gen system (primarily on xbox360).

Amongst the current gen (PS4,Xbox1), Destiny will definitely outsell COD. Amongst the last gen (xbox360,ps3), COD will likely outsell Destiny.

I think it'll be close but Destiny will outsell COD amongst all versions combined.

I want to say yes, but reality tells me no. That isn't to say that Destiny will not come close, in which I think it will. If Destiny is received really well and earns several game rewards, however, then I can see it eventually outselling COD thanks to lasting appeal.

I think destiny actually has a good chance to outsell call of duty, yes. I think call of duty will probably have a bigger launch, but destiny wil have two more months on the market than call of duty...

Nothing next gen will outsell COD except for GTA I think. It's hard to tell because we actually have to play destiny. A lot of you are COD haters but that games a good and fun to play online. COD sold millions on ps4 and x1 without a huge installed base. A lot of those gamers were still playing it on ps3 and x360. COD is a beast

Around the Network

COD Advanced Warfare pre order are not good compared to Ghost so i think it's possible for Destiny to outsell it
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6502056

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

drake_tolu said:
KLXVER said:
AZWification said:

Well, CoD AW might sell ~20 million and Destiny probably won't go past 15 million.. :-/

15 million? I have it at around 6-8 million...

WHAT!?

Have 1,5 million of pre order ONLY in USA, and the game will comin between more of 2 month, and you said 6 million???

Yeah, the states will be where it does the best. 3-4 million in the states, 2-3 million in europe and 1-2 million everywhere else. 

I don't think it will, considering how mainstream CoD is these days, and I don't think the hype for Destiny is enough to outsell CoD.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Nope but I will be glad if it does... cod has been selling too good for too long

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

are we talking short term or life time?

I think short term it will,but then hype will die down for Destiny and COD will pass it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick