By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU Dev Fires Back At Those Who Feel $50 Is Too Much For PS4 Version “It’s a Steal”

for me i spent 60+15+20 on the ps3 probably going to get the ps4 version but will i have to shell out more dough for the DLC to keep %100?

Play Me

Around the Network

It's not a steal, it's maybe what you can or should expect but nothing less...I mean, if it is "a steal", what would be a "normal price"? 80 bucks?

Remaster or not, it's a game which is one year old and the work done for the PS4 version was probaly only a tenth of the PS3 version so that it's not as if the remaster could be also 60 bucks without any extra content and it would be still be a god price. 

The price/value is fine. He shouldn't say it's a steal though; it's not like it's some kind of bargain. It's the "right price". That does not = a steal. A "steal" would be 30 bucks.

Conegamer said:
platformmaster918 said:
Conegamer said:
Yeah, it's a great game if it's your first time playing it. For the 7 million or so who have already played it, it's not quite such good value.

Still great though

I don't get this perspective.  I sold my copy for PS3 and so should you if you have a PS4.  That offsets a large part of the cost and since I hadn't bought any of the DLC all that is added value.

Similarly I'm not going to just sell a game for the PS3 just for the PS4. If it's not BC then it should have a similar system to plenty of other "upgrade" titles that currently exsist.

I get why that's not the case here, and I'm still getting it. But to say it's a steal for people who have it before is not accurate because it could - and perhaps should - be cheaper.

Do you have it digitally?  I don't understand why else you wouldn't just sell it.  I had the steelbook edition so it cost $80 for PS3 and then I sold it for $100 as soon as Remastered was announced.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

The game was remastered. Not simply ported.

So is it a steal? No. Entire new games built from the ground up go for the same price.

But is it worth it? Yes

Around the Network
DrDoomz said:
enrageorange said:
DrDoomz said:
Only idiots would think that it wasn't worth $50.

Sadly, the internet is full of those.

You're right. The fact that I don't think getting a remake of a game for $50 is a fair deal makes me an idiot. Clearly not wanting to get ripped off is a trait all stupid people share while smart people realize that they should be honored they aren't being charged the full $60.

Any reason why you think it's a rip-off?

I am just being over the top like he was being. To me it's not a good deal. Others might be fine with paying that much for a remake. Thinking it's a bad price doesn't make you an idiot and neither does being fine with the price.

I would not call it a steal but its a good price being remastered and including the dlc.

enrageorange said:

I am just being over the top like he was being. To me it's not a good deal. Others might be fine with paying that much for a remake. Thinking it's a bad price doesn't make you an idiot and neither does being fine with the price.

To think that something is "priced badly" one must have a wealth of examples of similar products that are of better value. Can you provide such product offerings?

I don't give a crap about "included DLC" or "higher resolution". You released a game 1 year ago, I'm not gonna buy it again for almost full price. The people who wanna buy it and go on ahead, I'm not going to support these 1 year old "remasters".

For what it is? Absolutely, it's great value.

Last year millions payed 60$ for almost half the content, and I don't think anyone was complaining about it not being worth the asking price.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!