By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU Dev Fires Back At Those Who Feel $50 Is Too Much For PS4 Version “It’s a Steal”

DrDoomz said:
KLXVER said:
Its a steal alright...

It's a bargain, yes. Tho, I'm sure you have a second meaning to what you're saying. Care to discuss your thoughts?

Not at all

Around the Network

Yeah, it's a great game if it's your first time playing it. For the 7 million or so who have already played it, it's not quite such good value.

Still great though

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

how much is the PS1 port going to cost? :D

DrDoomz said:
Only idiots would think that it wasn't worth $50.

Sadly, the internet is full of those.

You're right. The fact that I don't think getting a remake of a game for $50 is a fair deal makes me an idiot. Clearly not wanting to get ripped off is a trait all stupid people share while smart people realize that they should be honored they aren't being charged the full $60. Maybe we should start a petition to raise the price back to $60. Clearly we are idiots for thinking it should be worth anything less than what we pay for a new retail game.

Well its certainly not a steal. I think its average value.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
He didn't work on the Remaster, why is he even talking?

because anyone can see the value.  $30 game and over $30 worth of DLC is already a steal at $60.  Add in the improved visuals, performance, internet capabilities, and controls (due to DS4) and you have yourself all of that for -$10.  I'd say that's a steal and I don't work on the game.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

enrageorange said:
DrDoomz said:
Only idiots would think that it wasn't worth $50.

Sadly, the internet is full of those.

You're right. The fact that I don't think getting a remake of a game for $50 is a fair deal makes me an idiot. Clearly not wanting to get ripped off is a trait all stupid people share while smart people realize that they should be honored they aren't being charged the full $60.

Any reason why you think it's a rip-off?

Conegamer said:
Yeah, it's a great game if it's your first time playing it. For the 7 million or so who have already played it, it's not quite such good value.

Still great though

I don't get this perspective.  I sold my copy for PS3 and so should you if you have a PS4.  That offsets a large part of the cost and since I hadn't bought any of the DLC all that is added value.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I feel it's worthy of the price considering the DLC bonus. Sure it may be a newer title, but it's not aimed at people who already own it. I have a PS3, but never purchased TLOU. It's aimed at me, the person wanting to play it at some point.

platformmaster918 said:
Conegamer said:

Still great though

I don't get this perspective.  I sold my copy for PS3 and so should you if you have a PS4.  That offsets a large part of the cost and since I hadn't bought any of the DLC all that is added value.

Similarly I'm not going to just sell a game for the PS3 just for the PS4. If it's not BC then it should have a similar system to plenty of other "upgrade" titles that currently exsist.

I get why that's not the case here, and I'm still getting it. But to say it's a steal for people who have it before is not accurate because it could - and perhaps should - be cheaper.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.