By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 vs Halo 5 vs Zelda U: Which will sell the most and be the highest rated?

Okay here's what I will do.

Metacritic
Zelda U>Uncharted>Halo

Sales
Halo>Uncharted>Zelda

Now here's the logos here. First off, for those of you predicting 2-3 million for zelda because it isn't "dark and gritty" just remember that that has no effect anymore. I'll bring my points.

The original Wind Waker sold >4M for the gamecube. It sold 1.22 million on the Wii U as of May 7. That isn't considering all that came after Mario Kart, and the digital promotion. The difference between then and now is that now people love the "cartoony" art style, as long as it brings a good game.(Phantom Hourglass sold well because it was literally targeted at kids) Another thing is that Zelda is entering the "big world" competition this time that people seem to be going crazy about these days. I think it can at least sell 4-5 Million lifetime. But it is still last in this comparison, simply because Halo is known for selling well, and Uncharted is a good game with a high install base.(It will sell even more if they do a collection of the first three Uncharted games for the PS4 *wink wink*)

As for Metacritic...is there any doubt? Naughty Dog is an excellent studio, so of course they will deliver a good game with a high score placing them in second. Zelda is 100% KNOWN for having high metascores. I'll list a few here.

OoT 99
TP 96
WW 96
LttP(GBA (Lesser port) 95
MM 95

I do, however, think it will be a close match with Uncharted if they can pull another Uncharted 2(96) But that is on and off because Uncharted 3 is 93-92(can't remember) and Uncharted was <90

Around the Network

Halo will probably sell the most
Zelda will probably have the highest rating
Uncharted will be in the mid

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

why do people think uncharted will sell more than halo ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Metascore:
1. Zelda
2. Uncharted 4
3. Halo 5

This will probably be the closest, all three games I could see getting in the mid-90s, but I went with Zelda as it's the most reliable, and halo last as the metascores have gone down with each subsequent release in the mainline series.

Sales:
1. Halo
2. Uncharted
3. Zelda

Halo's sales are the most reliable I think at this point. Even if uncharted 4 winds up being the best selling of the series (which my gut says it will) I don't know if that will wind up being enough to top Halo. Zelda, even if the wii u's install base were much better, I don't believe would do better than either, but not by much.

kljesta64 said:

Because it has a global appeal on what will likely be the most popular system (new users that couldn't buy Uncharted last gen). While Halo will have lost audience from the 360 and was already starting  to show difficulties selling outside the US.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Halo will most likely sell the most.
Zelda U and Uncharted 4 will be neck and neck for highest rated(metacritic score)
Uncharted 4 will be GOTY though for most.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

kljesta64 said:

Because PS4 has a bigger installbase..and yet they put Zelda below Halo still. It's completely contradicting.

It'll be Halo > Uncharted or Zelda in sales, most likely Uncharted > Zelda. (Even though the best selling Zelda games are above the best selling Uncharted games)

Ratings:
1. Zelda/Uncharted
2. Zelda/Uncharted
3. Halo

Sales:
1. Uncharted
2. Zelda
3. Halo

yeah Zelda will be the higher rated but Uncharted 4 will be the higher selling

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Clyde32 said:
Okay here's what I will do.

Metacritic
Zelda U>Uncharted>Halo

Sales
Halo>Uncharted>Zelda

Now here's the logos here. First off, for those of you predicting 2-3 million for zelda because it isn't "dark and gritty" just remember that that has no effect anymore. I'll bring my points.

The original Wind Waker sold >4M for the gamecube. It sold 1.22 million on the Wii U as of May 7. That isn't considering all that came after Mario Kart, and the digital promotion. The difference between then and now is that now people love the "cartoony" art style, as long as it brings a good game.(Phantom Hourglass sold well because it was literally targeted at kids) Another thing is that Zelda is entering the "big world" competition this time that people seem to be going crazy about these days. I think it can at least sell 4-5 Million lifetime. But it is still last in this comparison, simply because Halo is known for selling well, and Uncharted is a good game with a high install base.(It will sell even more if they do a collection of the first three Uncharted games for the PS4 *wink wink*)

As for Metacritic...is there any doubt? Naughty Dog is an excellent studio, so of course they will deliver a good game with a high score placing them in second. Zelda is 100% KNOWN for having high metascores. I'll list a few here.

OoT 99
TP 96
WW 96
LttP(GBA (Lesser port) 95
MM 95

I do, however, think it will be a close match with Uncharted if they can pull another Uncharted 2(96)

You missed the more recent titles; Skyward Sword- 93, A Link Between Worlds - 91.

As for UC4; With Hennig gone, and Straley and Druckmann on this.. I can see this one being the best yet. UC3 was a big step down for the series.