By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 vs Halo 5 vs Zelda U: Which will sell the most and be the highest rated?

Well seeing as how Breath of the Wild is being released on 2 systems and being a launch title for one of them, and history telling us that the last Zelda game to do that - Twilight Princess, has sold close to 9 million copes overall, over 7 million off the Wii version, alone, AND if Switch sales are being included along with Wii U sales, then I think it's very easy  to see why people would think Breath of the Wild should catch up to Halo 5.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
In terms of critical praise, its safe to say that Zelda has a better chance.Sales-wise is harder, but since it is releasing alongside the Switch, ill say Zelda also.

Dont think so. A lot of people are already picking UC4 for GOTY. Zelda BOTW looks great and all but its just catching up to other Open World games thats done it already.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
Nautilus said:
In terms of critical praise, its safe to say that Zelda has a better chance.Sales-wise is harder, but since it is releasing alongside the Switch, ill say Zelda also.

Dont think so. A lot of people are already picking UC4 for GOTY. Zelda BOTW looks great and all but its just catching up to other Open World games thats done it already.

And the concept of Uncharted 4 hasnt been done before?Previous Uncharted games, The new Tomb Raiders.Uncharted 4 is nothing new.BOTW on the other hand is very different.Tge only thing it has in common with open world games is that, its open world.The level of interaction with the world, the kind of freedom it gives, its all new.And its also a breath of fresh air(ba-da-bum) in the series.So yeah, critic-wise, much better chance.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Uncharted will probably sell at least 9 million. I cant see zelda botw selling more than 9 million since only twilight princess has come close to 9 million and that was on the wii

Bandorr said:
This one is going to be tricky since it will be on two systems. Can you ignore just the Wii U version?

If we ignore wii u version then it has no chance of selling more than uncharted 4

Around the Network

I doubt Zelda will sell more than Uncharted 4 even on both systems combined.
Uncharted 4 has sold over 4 million at retail according to VGC numbers, and PS4/XB1 games sell 20-25% copies digitally, so Uncharted 4 is already well over 5 million and it hasn't even had it's holiday period yet where it will be bundled with the PS4.

I think Uncharted 4 is locked for 10+ million lifetime sales. and no Zelda game has sold that much even Twilight princess' GC+WII sales didn't get to 10 million.

As for metacritic, Uncharted 4 is the highest rated game of the generation so far, and it's gotten increasingly harder to break that 90+ barrier this gen. most franchises that used to score 90+ last gen have dropped to the 80s, be it Halo, Gears, Batman Arkham Knight, Fallout. So it's not a guarantee for Zelda, not saying it can't get there as with the sales but I wouldn't bet anything on it.