By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 vs Halo 5 vs Zelda U: Which will sell the most and be the highest rated?

hinch said:
Clyde32 said:
Okay here's what I will do.

Metacritic
Zelda U>Uncharted>Halo

Sales
Halo>Uncharted>Zelda

Now here's the logos here. First off, for those of you predicting 2-3 million for zelda because it isn't "dark and gritty" just remember that that has no effect anymore. I'll bring my points.

The original Wind Waker sold >4M for the gamecube. It sold 1.22 million on the Wii U as of May 7. That isn't considering all that came after Mario Kart, and the digital promotion. The difference between then and now is that now people love the "cartoony" art style, as long as it brings a good game.(Phantom Hourglass sold well because it was literally targeted at kids) Another thing is that Zelda is entering the "big world" competition this time that people seem to be going crazy about these days. I think it can at least sell 4-5 Million lifetime. But it is still last in this comparison, simply because Halo is known for selling well, and Uncharted is a good game with a high install base.(It will sell even more if they do a collection of the first three Uncharted games for the PS4 *wink wink*)

As for Metacritic...is there any doubt? Naughty Dog is an excellent studio, so of course they will deliver a good game with a high score placing them in second. Zelda is 100% KNOWN for having high metascores. I'll list a few here.

OoT 99
TP 96
WW 96
LttP(GBA (Lesser port) 95
MM 95

I do, however, think it will be a close match with Uncharted if they can pull another Uncharted 2(96)

You missed the more recent titles; Skyward Sword- 93, A Link Between Worlds - 91.

Link Between Worlds is a handheld, they are in completely different worlds. I also didn't count the more recent Uncharted title which was 92. Also, most people counted SS out because of motion controls. If they get rid of that, I believe it will get a higher metascore.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
kljesta64 said:
why do people think uncharted will sell more than halo ?

Because it has a global appeal on what will likely be the most popular system (new users that couldn't buy Uncharted last gen). While Halo will have lost audience from the 360 and was already starting  to show difficulties selling outside the US.

Those new user could buy 3 Uncharted games last gen, but they didnt... Why would they buy the 4th one in the series?

KLXVER said:
MikeRox said:
kljesta64 said:
why do people think uncharted will sell more than halo ?

Because it has a global appeal on what will likely be the most popular system (new users that couldn't buy Uncharted last gen). While Halo will have lost audience from the 360 and was already starting  to show difficulties selling outside the US.

Those new user could buy 3 Uncharted games last gen, but they didnt... Why would they buy the 4th one in the series?

Well, if they have gone from 360 to PS4, they couldn't buy Uncharted 1-3.

Do you think all the Halo 3 owners bought Halo 1-2 beforehand? ;)

Also, I wouldn't be so sure they won't be releasing Uncharted 1-3 Remastered once TLOU remaster is out the door.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I'm more curious which one will be the most innovative. I guess there's not much to be improved in Halo series. Let's face it, it's just another FPS, but it'd love to be surprised. It could be interested to see what they can do with Uncharted. Even if it's gonna be another sequel with nice graphics, it will be hyped beyond believe and sell hell lot anyway as so far this generation seems to be all about esthetics. Zelda U though ... just for the fact it's going to be first open world Zelda, it cought my attention and I'm not the biggest fan of the series. It could be really ground braking for Nintendo. So fingers crossed. Hope all of those three, will deliver, not only must-be-hyped, but real must-have titles.

Uncharted will sell the most, we all know by the time Uncharted comes out PS4 will be 12-15+ consoles while Xbox One and Wii U less than 9 mil.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
MikeRox said:

Also, I wouldn't be so sure they won't be releasing Uncharted 1-3 Remastered once TLOU remaster is out the door.

Probably alot of the people who bought Halo 1-2 bought Halo 3.

If they REALLY wanted to play Uncharted 1-3, then they could buy a PS3.

Many people hated Halo 4, but it still sold over 9 million copies.

I actually quite liked Halo 4. It just lost some of it's Halo feel, I guess.

Just remember, it's always possible for Uncharted to have a dud in the series. I hear a lot of people express Uncharted 3 was a step down, so it already has a foot down the ladder.

For all we know, Uncharted 4 won't be as good as the rest.

Ali_16x said:
Uncharted will sell the most, we all know by the time Uncharted comes out PS4 will be 12-15+ consoles while Xbox One and Wii U less than 9 mil.

What? You do know these games are all coming out next year right?

KLXVER said:
MikeRox said:

Probably alot of the people who bought Halo 1-2 bought Halo 3.

If they REALLY wanted to play Uncharted 1-3, then they could buy a PS3.

Many people hated Halo 4, but it still sold over 9 million copies.

Halo 3 sold more than Halo 2, which sold more than Halo 1.

The franchise audience doubled between Halo 1 and Halo 3. Why would it make no sense for Uncharted's audience to grow?

People tend to stick with 1 system in a generation. The likes of us on this forum are the exception, not the norm. The generation transition is going to be the point where games like Uncharted and Halo either sink or swim. It's a very dangerous time for any game franchise, however I think Uncharted is going into this generation as a game lots of people were interested in, but never had access to while I see Halo being a franchise currently in decline, which will be compounded by no longer being on the dominant "HD" format.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Ali_16x said:

Are you sure???

Uncharted, Halo, and Zelda of course coming after september.

You really think that by september PS4 will sell 15 million(EVEN 12!?!?!?!), and XOne-Wii U less of 9m???

I predict that Halo 5 will coming on September, Uncharted 4 October, and Zelda November.

XBOX ONE will sell +12 million on september.

PS4 will sell +24m on October.

Wii U will sell +17m on November.