By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft made a game like Smash Bros, what characters/levels would be included?

aDomingo said:
IF they did, it'd definitely be more awkward than DC vs MK; it'd be a complete abomination.

Awkward? Whatever do you mean?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I don't think they will do one regardless. They saw how little all stars did despite Sony being in the gaming world for a lot longer than MS. No one takes down Nintendo and Capcom when it comes to fighting games, so why bother? Yea sure it could sell maybe a million or two, but that would barely break even probably due to the requirements out of the game and it's characters and since when is MS interested in making games that barely break even in profit? They only want the megaton hits. Joining up with SEGA to make a PC exclusive Halo: Total War game would be a much better use of time in my opinion.

SirFortesque said:

Oh well, here's the gameplay... with the full roster ! *trollface*

Anyway, talking seriously, I don't think Microsoft could ever do a similar thing considering in what actually the install base is interested (stuff like online FPS/TPS games), main focus isn't on crossover fighting games, expecially if we're talking about Halo/Gears fans. 

Sony tried to do something like this but, considering the low budget of PSASBR, I suppose they knew that without Crash Bandicoot, the sales weren't going to go up... which is quite a sad thing, I'm a big fan of PS1 and PS2 classics and a big fan of the genre, and I seriously hope in a sequel of PlayStation All-Stars with all the characters he deserves, because the potential was there.

I would buy that game.............twice!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Justagamer said:
People have mentioned alot of ms characters, and act like that is nothing.... all they would need to do is add a bunch of third party characters like Sony did. There's your roster. Funny how some are a ring like psabr had all so you characters... big daddy? Hardly a sony character. And that's not the only one.

C'mon now. Sony had more of their characters than 3rd party characters. Only characters from 3rd party I can think of off the top of my head were Raiden, Heihachi Mishima, Big Daddy, and Dante. Every one else was pretty much Sony.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
SirFortesque said:

Oh well, here's the gameplay... with the full roster ! *trollface*

Anyway, talking seriously, I don't think Microsoft could ever do a similar thing considering in what actually the install base is interested (stuff like online FPS/TPS games), main focus isn't on crossover fighting games, expecially if we're talking about Halo/Gears fans. 

Sony tried do something like this but, considering the low budget of PSASBR, I suppose they knew that without Crash Bandicoot, the sales weren't going to go up... which is quite a sad thing, I'm a big fan of PS1 and PS2 classics and a big fan of the genre, and I seriously hope in a sequel of PlayStation All-Stars with all the characters he deserves, because the potential was there.

That's crazy! They're fighting on an 360 and it's slowly getting the RROD. LOL That's hilarious.

Anyway, I don't know if it would work for Xbox. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Yeah, the "Red Ring Of Death" is a cool name for a stage, isn't it ? xD

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

I don't think they will do one regardless. They saw how little all stars did despite Sony being in the gaming world for a lot longer than MS. No one takes down Nintendo and Capcom when it comes to fighting games, so why bother? Yea sure it could sell maybe a million or two, but that would barely break even probably due to the requirements out of the game and it's characters and since when is MS interested in making games that barely break even in profit? They only want the megaton hits. Joining up with SEGA to make a PC exclusive Halo: Total War game would be a much better use of time in my opinion.

Well to be fair, no one does fighting games like Capcom....period. Nintendo only has Smash Bros for a fighter. Still I have to say that it's a successful one and it's so different than your average fighter. I'm not sure how involved Nintendo was with the development of Killer Instinct, but if they did help, then I'll give you Nintendo.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

SirFortesque said:
Rafie said:

That's crazy! They're fighting on an 360 and it's slowly getting the RROD. LOL That's hilarious.

Anyway, I don't know if it would work for Xbox. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Yeah, the "Red Ring Of Death" is a cool name for a stage, isn't it ? xD

If Xbox did a "Smash-esque" game and named a stage "RROD", they would move up 50 points in my book. LOL

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Justagamer said:
People have mentioned alot of ms characters, and act like that is nothing.... all they would need to do is add a bunch of third party characters like Sony did. There's your roster. Funny how some are a ring like psabr had all so you characters... big daddy? Hardly a sony character. And that's not the only one.

C'mon now. Sony had more of their characters than 3rd party characters. Only characters from 3rd party I can think of off the top of my head were Raiden, Heihachi Mishima, Big Daddy, and Dante. Every one else was pretty much Sony.

Agree, also, Sony actually used just one character for any series (except Kratos/Zeus and Good/Evil Cole) and they didn't use many games of the past that are under their propriety, like Legend of Dragoon, Alundra, Tomba/Tombi, Lemmings, Shadow Of Colossus, ICO, Blasto, Dark Cloud and many others... you see why I say that "the potential was there" ? :P

I hope they're just waiting to take Crash Bandicoot rights somehow back from Activision to make a good sequel, with better mechanics, Story Mode, a good amout of content etc.

Anyway, about "Xbox Smash Stars" or don't know how they should call it, what about a stage or a character based on Mechassault ? That game was so underrated.

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

I think they could easily fill a roster of about 20 to 30 characters without relying heavily on characters from third-party studios. They'd just have to ignore popularity and relevance, as well as dip a lot of times into one game. With Rare's contribution, one could easily come up with half that.

Conker
Banjo&Kazooie
One of the heroes from Jet Force Gemini
Kameo
Joanna Dark
Hero from Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Merge the three robots from Blast Corps into one.
One of the Battletoads
One of the humanoid characters from Viva Pinata using the animals as attacks
Several characters from Killer Instinct

As for non-Rare characters.

Maybe the four heroes from Sudeki
Blinx
Picaro
Master Chief
Avatars similar to how Miis function in Smash Bros.
Hero of switchable gender from Fable
Several characters from Lost Odyssey

I'll probably post later, about how I imagine their move set would be.

Actually if it was just halo characters it would do better then Battle Royale. I mean a Covenant GRUNT is more recognizable then half the PS BR roster (totally serious here)

- Master Chief
- Arbiter
- Brute Chieftan (Tartarus)
- Hunter
- Jackal
- Grunt
- Drone
- Prophet (on hover chair)
- Flood Combat Form
- ODST (any from Halo ODST)
- Sergeant Johnson
- Spartan 3's (Noble Six)
- Spartan 2's (Blue Team)
- Didact
- Promeathean Knight
- Guilty Spark

If they did it like Marvel VS Capcom gameplay, id buy the shit out of that!

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.