By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony's Shuhei Yoshida Says Nintendo Provides Balance In An Industry Obsessed With Military Shooters

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Funny how Sony's president of Worldwide Studios has 200% more Wii U's then most Nintendo Fans.

Quoted for being funny enough that people should have to read it twice!

Around the Network

There are other companies that provide games that aren't shooters but Nintendo definitely provides a great amount of balance to the industry.

padib said:
Hopefully this will convince Sonyites of what I have always said, that Nintendo offers something that is different from what the other two consoles are focused on.

And that's why they have a very important role to play in the industry.

Luckily they will believe it when a Sony rep says it because they certainly don't when I say it.

I can only look at facts and I see that the PS4 has a variety that other systems don't have. Just look at PS3 - the PS4 will have even more variety.

Aielyn said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Funny how Sony's president of Worldwide Studios has 200% more Wii U's then most Nintendo Fans.

... most Nintendo fans have two thirds of a Wii U?

(learn how to use percentages!)

Fuck....I've been awake too long.

This is what I meant:

Unfortunately, I still make mistakes on occasion.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Well duh, Nintendo games pretty much balance the industry..... I have been saying this for years. Nintendo is the anchor that keeps gaming as we know it fun, instead of serious and shades of brown

Around the Network
padib said:
Lawlight said:

I can only look at facts and I see that the PS4 has a variety that other systems don't have. Just look at PS3 - the PS4 will have even more variety.

You will always look at facts in the light of your biased spectacles, this will never change.

I'm disappointed that even Shuhei can't speak reason to you.

Ultimately, you could say that the EAs and Activisions bring balance to this industry that would have otherwise been dominated by the cartoony, same-y games. Other like SCE and Microsoft do both.

Between Sony and MS, only one is needed (although I am a fanboy, I won't pick sides here). Nintendo on the other hand, as Yoshida said is a necessary component within the industry to help drive innovation.

aLkaLiNE said:
Between Sony and MS, only one is needed (although I am a fanboy, I won't pick sides here). Nintendo on the other hand, as Yoshida said is a necessary component within the industry to help drive innovation.

So what you're saying is your choice this generation is PS4 and Wii U or Xbox One and WIi U or PC and WIi U or just everything?

aLkaLiNE said:

What innovation by Nintendo? Care to give some examples?

Lawlight said:
Ultimately, you could say that the EAs and Activisions bring balance to this industry that would have otherwise been dominated by the cartoony, same-y games. Other like SCE and Microsoft do both.

Because Epic, Ubisoft, Bungie, Gearbox, Crytek, 2K, id, Valve, Eurocom, etc, etc, etc don't exist, and cartoony games like Crash Bandicoot and Sonic are given so much love and attention by their developers/publishers that they're made with as much detail and funding as the military shooters?