By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Tropical Freeze sell so bad?

Too many platformers

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Did not really do anything new, Nintendo and there absolute shit marketing 2 big reasons

I love the game though.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
ExplodingBlock said:
archer9234 said:

Another factor is people like me. Who during the GC days saw Jungle Beat shoved down our throats. No normal DK was made. So I stopped caring about the series. Regardless of the quality of Returns and TF. I just keep ignoring DK games. Just because there was so much bongo garbage. Please, don't start arguments. You love those bongos, great. But they could of made a normal DK, while those things were done. Out of Smash, DK was turned into some mini game joke. I waited too long. Got very mad. And when I saw that last bongo game being announced. I went: "know what, **** it. You don't want to make a proper DK game, for whatever reason. Good bye." If you count from when DK64 came out, 2000. And when Returns was made. I waited a decade. 10 years of going from pissed off to meh not interested. Other games filled in that void. Don't have the interest in going back.

I don't get how you abandon a series just because of couple of games

Since you did Returns and TF are really great games, and if the motion controls on Returns aren't your cup of you tea you can get the 3DS port

Still though, I didn't abandon Sonic just because a few bad games were released (2006-2009)

i said why. Not just because of a couple of bad games. It was because of a decade of waiting and getting pissed off. Then when you finally reach your point, you reach meh level and stopped caring. Just like Valve with the Half Life games. I don't care about the series anymore. I didn't even care about getting information on Returns and TF. Except the first trailers they released for them. Since they were apart of E3 showings. Then just ignored them.

The worst thing you could do to a series, is to ignore it completly (Half Life, F-Zero is turning into this), make crap side games, with no main entry going on (DK Bongo). And revive a series, but then ruin it in some capacity where I don't want to bother with it (Kid Icarus Uprising). It needs the second joystick to be fully playable. I couldn't play the game with one joystick and the buttons. Hand cramps, then kept getting confused and fustrated with the buttons being no subsitute to a second joystick. stopped playing the game somewhere when you go to Medusa's castle. And gave it back to my friend.

It's a simliar thing that happens with TV shows. A lot of times you see dropping viewership numbers, when a show comes back for the next season. It's because in the waiting peroid, people found something else to watch. Or stopped caring about the show, because of the long wait. I stopped watching Dirty Jobs because Discovery took way too long to make new episodes. They renamed the series, didn't know it was on, it came back for 8 episodes and got cancelled. I didn't even know Boondocks got a 4th season. I thought it was cancelled years ago. That wait between 3 and 4 was rediculess.

They should promote it more, even though it's been out a while. Tons of new people picking up Wii U's nowadays, and the game's fantastic. Maybe do a big eShop promotion or something, too. I feel like this is a game that could sell very well over the holidays, if it's promoted well.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Too many 2D games. This is a console, we want 3D games. The only cool looking 2D game is Yoshi's Woolly World.

I also hope that Kirby Wii U game sells extremely bad, that's the only way Nintendo will learn. 

Around the Network

Well that's what happens when you release a game that nobody wanted on a platform very few people own.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Because platformer.

Because DK.

Because Underrated.

Because TV adds do not show how great the game actually is

Because DK is in MK.

It's crazy how many people don't even know this game exists..and even after they find out they just say "ehh cool, I liked DK back in the day" I agree that is selling it short and missing out on a good game. But people just seem to have platformer fatigue right now with the over saturation.

Demand. With games like NSMB, DKR, and maybe even Starfox (Don't know, yet), people remember them fondly and want a new game for old time's sake. When we finally get that game, we buy them in droves. Nintendo looks at it and says "People liked the other one so much! Let's make another!!" without realizing that the itch has been scratched.

The new Donkey Kong is great but really not a huge leap over the one for the Wii--not that we want them to stray too much from the past. We like a faithful reproduction of what we remember. I'm actually pretty shocked that Punch-Out!! didn't do much better.

It probably looks too much like DKCR, so people don't want to spend money on something so similar.

That game should have been DKCR though, it is exactly how a sequel to an old franchise should be made. So much respect for what made the old games good.

It probably just came out at the wrong time. It was too close to DKCR and wasn't what people expected. It'll sell throughout the Wii U's life though, since it's a good game.

I LOVE ICELAND!