By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Tropical Freeze sell so bad?

I don't think Metroid would've sold much better if at all.

Around the Network

It sells bad because reception (compared to previous titles) is lower and it's not a huge title on Wii U I guess. People didn't really want another Donkey Kong Country after we saw DKCR3D last year

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Tlozjb said:
It sells bad, because the console already has enough platformers, and what people wanted was a new Metroid, not another Donkey Kong, if the game would had released later on, maybe after a new Metroid and the library of the console diversified, things would had gone better, but it was released at a bad moment, when the majority of the library of the games on the console were platformers, and when the most people wanted was a new Metroid.

Bold, agree somewhat.  I played 2D Mario, 3D Mario and really liked both, but hands down enjoyed 3D Mario more.  I picked up DK, and played about 4 levels, and now its just sitting with my time devided mostly between Titanfall and MK8.

Tlozjb said:
It sells bad, because the console already has enough platformers, and what people wanted was a new Metroid, not another Donkey Kong, if the game would had released later on, maybe after a new Metroid and the library of the console diversified, things would had gone better, but it was released at a bad moment, when the majority of the library of the games on the console were platformers, and when the most people wanted was a new Metroid.

Agreed. Although, I did buy it and love it. The line up is becoming more diversified now, but it has taken a while. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

There are many, many ignorant gamers out there.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
I don't think Metroid would've sold much better if at all.

Probably not, though I think it would have generated a bigger boost to Wii U hardware than what DK did, because would fill a fairly untapped genre on Wii U and there were a lot of people hanging back on the Wii U until Metroid came out. 

Just want to note: I think this game can have a solid boost in sales over the holidays. Since that is not a kind of a game I will buy day one, but I'll take it without questions with some good proposals on a Black Friday.

Other than the fact that Nintendo doesn't know how to connect to the gaming audience for the past three generations, they're riding on the DKC popularity that was from the mid-90's.

gergroy said:
Because it is a game almost nobody was asking for or wanted... On hardware that is stuck in a rut...

Story of my life

Yay!!!

ghettoglamour said:
Because it's on Wii U.

LOL

All other Nintendo games on  Wii U are selling very well.

I think reason is that Tropical Freeze isnt casual game, we all know that is very hard, and it can be say that is for hard core gamers.

I think it would have many better sale is released later in Wii U life.

Number will be rise with bigger Wii U instal base.

Also this.

"Was released to close to the last two, it come across as to similar. "