By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Tropical Freeze sell so bad?

archer9234 said:

Another factor is people like me. Who during the GC days saw Jungle Beat shoved down our throats. No normal DK was made. So I stopped caring about the series. Regardless of the quality of Returns and TF. I just keep ignoring DK games. Just because there was so much bongo garbage. Please, don't start arguments. You love those bongos, great. But they could of made a normal DK, while those things were done. Out of Smash, DK was turned into some mini game joke. I waited too long. Got very mad. And when I saw that last bongo game being announced. I went: "know what, **** it. You don't want to make a proper DK game, for whatever reason. Good bye." If you count from when DK64 came out, 2000. And when Returns was made. I waited a decade. 10 years of going from pissed off to meh not interested. Other games filled in that void. Don't have the interest in going back.

I felt the same way. And I skipped the GC and Wii for kind of the same reasons. I skipped DKC Returns b/c I figured it'd get ported to the next Nintendo console.

I got DKC:TF because I already had a Wii U to play SM3DW, Wind Waker, and the TW101. It felt weird playing it at first because it had been so long since I had a new DKC game to play. But in the end, I found it to be a very worthy entry to the series you should check out if you own a Wii U. You should be interested.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:

The difference is that while the PS3 has 40000 shooters, they also got very many non shooter games. Pretty much all of the famous WIi U games are platformers, and people are tired of it.

So Wind Waker, Pikmin, Mario Kart, ZombiU, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Wonderful 101 are platformers? 

This really doesn't excuse the lack of platformers in the future. We are promised one game, and that's a core Mario game that we know nothing about. 

fleischr said:
archer9234 said:

Another factor is people like me. Who during the GC days saw Jungle Beat shoved down our throats. No normal DK was made. So I stopped caring about the series. Regardless of the quality of Returns and TF. I just keep ignoring DK games. Just because there was so much bongo garbage. Please, don't start arguments. You love those bongos, great. But they could of made a normal DK, while those things were done. Out of Smash, DK was turned into some mini game joke. I waited too long. Got very mad. And when I saw that last bongo game being announced. I went: "know what, **** it. You don't want to make a proper DK game, for whatever reason. Good bye." If you count from when DK64 came out, 2000. And when Returns was made. I waited a decade. 10 years of going from pissed off to meh not interested. Other games filled in that void. Don't have the interest in going back.

I felt the same way. And I skipped the GC and Wii for kind of the same reasons. I skipped DKC Returns b/c I figured it'd get ported to the next Nintendo console.

I got DKC:TF because I already had a Wii U to play SM3DW, Wind Waker, and the TW101. It felt weird playing it at first because it had been so long since I had a new DKC game to play. But in the end, I found it to be a very worthy entry to the series you should check out if you own a Wii U. You should be interested.

You skipped the GC becuase of DK?

?????????????????

Very good game but was released to close to the last two. also it come across as to similar and not adding anything new

If Nintendo gave it the same advertisement campaign as Mario Kart 8 it would have sold much much better.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:

?????????????????

It was because of several things really. I still had my N64 and GBA for Nintendo games.

At the time PS2 just happened to have more of the games I wanted to play, and the lack of a proper DK on GC among several other things (toony link being one of them I can remember) was what kept me away from GC

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I never played or cared about it but it may be as bad as first DKC Returns which was very inferior compared to DKC1 & 2. With all the Rareware magic gone, DKC is just a mediocre game. Also the soundtrack was mostly made of badly remixed DKC1 songs.

The original DKC2 is my favorite 2D plattformer by the way.

fleischr said:
ExplodingBlock said:

?????????????????

It was because of several things really. I still had my N64 and GBA for Nintendo games.

At the time PS2 just happened to have more of the games I wanted to play, and the lack of a proper DK on GC among several other things (toony link being one of them I can remember) was what kept me away from GC

Ok I see

Too many platformers. Too bad cause it looked amazing.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Too many platformers. Too bad cause it looked amazing.

It was