By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Tropical Freeze sell so bad?

Another factor is people like me. Who during the GC days saw Jungle Beat shoved down our throats. No normal DK was made. So I stopped caring about the series. Regardless of the quality of Returns and TF. I just keep ignoring DK games. Just because there was so much bongo garbage. Please, don't start arguments. You love those bongos, great. But they could of made a normal DK, while those things were done. Out of Smash, DK was turned into some mini game joke. I waited too long. Got very mad. And when I saw that last bongo game being announced. I went: "know what, **** it. You don't want to make a proper DK game, for whatever reason. Good bye." If you count from when DK64 came out, 2000. And when Returns was made. I waited a decade. 10 years of going from pissed off to meh not interested. Other games filled in that void. Don't have the interest in going back.

Around the Network
archer9234 said:

Another factor is people like me. Who during the GC days saw Jungle Beat shoved down our throats. No normal DK was made. So I stopped caring about the series. Regardless of the quality of Returns and TF. I just keep ignoring DK games. Just because there was so much bongo garbage. Please, don't start arguments. You love those bongos, great. But they could of made a normal DK, while those things were done. Out of Smash, DK was turned into some mini game joke. I waited too long. Got very mad. And when I saw that last bongo game being announced. I went: "know what, **** it. You don't want to make a proper DK game, for whatever reason. Good bye."

man, dkctf is awesome. and they corrected the worst from dkcr, now motion controls are not necessary.

if zelda fans stopped playing new zeldas after cdi games, they would lose awesome gaming experiences.

outlawauron said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Jesus, an actual game? You gamers are so friggen entitled! Gosh!

"So you have come this far, and still you understand nothing."

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

jonathanalis said:
archer9234 said:

Another factor is people like me. Who during the GC days saw Jungle Beat shoved down our throats. No normal DK was made. So I stopped caring about the series. Regardless of the quality of Returns and TF. I just keep ignoring DK games. Just because there was so much bongo garbage. Please, don't start arguments. You love those bongos, great. But they could of made a normal DK, while those things were done. Out of Smash, DK was turned into some mini game joke. I waited too long. Got very mad. And when I saw that last bongo game being announced. I went: "know what, **** it. You don't want to make a proper DK game, for whatever reason. Good bye."

man, dkctf is awesome. and they corrected the worst from dkcr, now motion controls are not necessary.

if zelda fans stopped playing new zeldas after cdi games, they would lose awesome gaming experiences.

That's different. Remember the GC era. 6 long years of no normal DK game. Bongo after bongo. Zelda had 3 bad games made by someone else. But Nintendo had its handheld game coming out. With ALTTP avalible. There was nothing on GC and GBA. Except e-reader cards/ports of games I already have and beat.

archer9234 said:
jonathanalis said:
archer9234 said:

That's different. Remember the GC era. 6 long years of no normal DK game. Bongo after bongo. Zelda had 3 bad games made by someone else. But Nintendo had its handheld game coming out. With ALTTP avalible. There was nothing on GC and GBA. Except e-reader cards/ports of games I already have and beat.

but dkctf is a awesome game. no matter how long time dk was screwed.

if you was waiting so long for a proper dk game, you should experience dkctf.

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:
DerpSandwich said:

And yet, two of the upcoming games on Wii U are also platformers...  I think Nintendo is having a bit of a crisis at the moment.  It's like they're compensating for the difficulty of HD developing by making everything a platformer.  I'm surprised Zelda wasn't one.

Wait besides Yoshi what is the other platformer?

Though e3 did offer a lot of variety 

like Zelda being open world adventure, Sonic boom being an action beat em up, Smash Bros being Fighting, Star Fox being on rail shooter, and splatoon being a third person shooter

Kirby.  Not quite a traditional one, but still a platformer.  Or at the very least "a 2D game," which is not something I personally wanted to playing quite so much of when I bought my Wii U.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

I am part of the problem... I really feel bad since I did not get it day 1... Getting it this friday though!! I runningout of game back log!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

amak11 said:
IsawYoshi said:
The hardware sells bad, and no one wanted the game. There are to many platformers on Wii U already.

There isn't that many platformers on the Wii U. Ignoring the Virtual Console and Wii Mode and indie

NSMBU and it's DLC, NSLU

Donkey Kong

Rayman Legends

Super Mario 3D World

I wouldn't consider that many, for the amount of shooters I remember us getting on PS3 in a 2 year span.... too much. 

The difference is that while the PS3 has 40000 shooters, they also got very many non shooter games. Pretty much all of the famous WIi U games are platformers, and people are tired of it.

archer9234 said:

Another factor is people like me. Who during the GC days saw Jungle Beat shoved down our throats. No normal DK was made. So I stopped caring about the series. Regardless of the quality of Returns and TF. I just keep ignoring DK games. Just because there was so much bongo garbage. Please, don't start arguments. You love those bongos, great. But they could of made a normal DK, while those things were done. Out of Smash, DK was turned into some mini game joke. I waited too long. Got very mad. And when I saw that last bongo game being announced. I went: "know what, **** it. You don't want to make a proper DK game, for whatever reason. Good bye." If you count from when DK64 came out, 2000. And when Returns was made. I waited a decade. 10 years of going from pissed off to meh not interested. Other games filled in that void. Don't have the interest in going back.

I don't get how you abandon a series just because of couple of games

Since you did Returns and TF are really great games, and if the motion controls on Returns aren't your cup of you tea you can get the 3DS port

Still though, I didn't abandon Sonic just because a few bad games were released (2006-2009)

curl-6 said:
disappointment that it wasn't Metroid.

I think until fans get Prime 4, they'll continue to be disappointed. Hopefully, Retro is just helping with Diddy Kong Racing and also working on a seperate non-Kong related game. 

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179