By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Tropical Freeze sell so bad?

super_etecoon said:
Tlozjb said:
It sells bad, because the console already has enough platformers, and what people wanted was a new Metroid, not another Donkey Kong, if the game would had released later on, maybe after a new Metroid and the library of the console diversified, things would had gone better, but it was released at a bad moment, when the majority of the library of the games on the console were platformers, and when the most people wanted was a new Metroid.

This.

Also...doesn't everyone hate the ice levels in most games...all that slippery physics wreaks havok on our skills.  This game has that freeze part in the title even.  I'm sure there's not as much snow as it sounds like...but from a marketing standpoint it just seems like it's made up of the levels we never want to play anyway.

But seriously, Retro, stop wasting your time.  You honestly haven't done anything revolutionary to the 2D industry, and I would expect nothing short of that from the company that brought us Metroid Prime.  I'd say as a company you're underdelivering on the level of praise that we bestow upon you.

I don't know about ice levels, but water levels are pretty damn evil in my book!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Sharu said:
Just want to note: I think this game can have a solid boost in sales over the holidays. Since that is not a kind of a game I will buy day one, but I'll take it without questions with some good proposals on a Black Friday.

That seems to be the way most Nintendo games are going this year. If Smash was released instead of Mario Kart though I think we might've seen steadier sales because more "hardcore" gamers would get that opposed to Mario Kart, which we'll see the effects of for the next 5 holidays

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Miyamotoo said:
ghettoglamour said:
Because it's on Wii U.

LOL

All other Nintendo games on  Wii U are selling very well.

I think reason is that Tropical Freeze isnt casual game, we all know that is very hard, and it can be say that is for hard core gamers.

I think it would have many better sale is released later in Wii U life.

Number will be rise with bigger Wii U instal base.

Also this.

"Was released to close to the last two, it come across as to similar. "

Actually Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, and several other Nintendo games aren't selling that great. 

Things like Wii Party U have inflated sales too due to being force bundled.