By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is success for wii u?

Tagged games:

OfficerRaichu15 said:
sucess would be making mario galaxy 3,f zero, and mother 4(get mother 3 on vc) imo

Ugh why do people want SMG3? Was 2 not enough. Give SM64 2. SM64 imo still holds the crown for 3D platformers.

Around the Network

IMO, a console success if defined by sales. That's what will go in the history books and what will be used as a metric later down the road. Games being a success and overall profit is business success but doesn't exactly make for a successful console.

Wii U would have to outsell the GC to even be a minor success IMO.

Success to me is having a good library of games to play and Nintendo in the end making overall profit on their system. That's really it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Success for the Wii U will be in second place of a three horse race, as they are at the moment. I really can't see the Xbox One overtaking the Wii U until Nintendo start the 9th generation with the Wii 3. The Xbox One is in SERIOUS trouble at the moment. It's only been doing 'okay' in the US and has been an unmitigated flop in Europe so far.

I'm really surprised that the gaming press hasn't given Microsoft a load of grief about it tbh...I guess 'Microsoft D00med' articles don't generate as many clicks as 'Nintendoomed' articles, either that or they're too wary of upsetting Microsoft for financial (ad revenue) reasons.

I personally believe that the Xbox One is overtracked on here, you'll be lucky to see as many as 4.5m consoles in homes at the moment.

ktay95 said:
Success for WiiU would involve creating a time machine so it can travel back in time to... Better stop myself there. 😁

That's why they're working on a 4DS.  

Around the Network

Most Nintendo fans on here think it will outsell ps4 ltd. So that.

25 million will be a success.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

COLD_COBRA_ said:

Nobody says that. Either you're making that up or by "here" you mean those crazy ass fanboys on IGN and the likes, and even then those are few and far and between.

The general conscious is that the WiiU would end up with little sales compared to the competition. But I think in order for it to be considered successful, it has to pass atleast the GC. Business-wise matters to an extent as well, but most people don't care about that. GameCube made a profit while the PS3 probably never broke even, but people often consider the GC as a failure while the PS3 as a success.

COLD_COBRA_ said:

Come on, no serious Nintendo fan really believes that..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Groundbreaking titles, actual innovation from the use of the gamepad and profit.

Even if it ends in third place, it can contribute a lot to the industry.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian