By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PS4 Pulling a Wii??

There's no way that the fervor for the Wii has been matched by the PS4 by any means. You couldn't find a Wii in the wild for years. And as far as the PS4 outselling the Wii...yeah...not going to happen. It's definitely not the same market it was in 2006-2009.

Around the Network

No. Wii was selling good for 4 years in a row.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Totally agree!! At least somebody can see what is going on! Once all of the PS4 buyers realize that it has no games, the consoles will just sit in a closet somewhere collecting dust.

Power of the cloud, blah, blah, lazy developers, blah, blah, Sony bankrupt, blah, Gears, Halo!, etc.

I see 2015 shaping up to be 46% XB1, 45% WiiU and 10% PS4.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

So we haven't argued, yet we've side tracked into a semantics argument which would classify as an argument......deos it hurt to live in your head? I've seen someone so confused and contradicting in their reponses before, I feel embarassed for you. As for your request I will copy and post again "" I've wasted enough time arguing with idiots"

A semantics argument that you proposed when I exposed your lack of evidence.

You can continue to insult me, but it won't change anything at all.

If you can't back up your claims just admit it. 

It's simple.

Clearly you proved my point as to why I would not waste my time engaging you in any formal discussion/debate.

Your contradicting statements alone truly portrayed your character, especially the fact that you ran to the mods to report me, which was rather amusing.

Regardless, it's my own fault for wasting my time even providing you a response and allowing myself to be annoyed.

So with that I say, good day.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

So we haven't argued, yet we've side tracked into a semantics argument which would classify as an argument......deos it hurt to live in your head? I've seen someone so confused and contradicting in their reponses before, I feel embarassed for you. As for your request I will copy and post again "" I've wasted enough time arguing with idiots"

A semantics argument that you proposed when I exposed your lack of evidence.

You can continue to insult me, but it won't change anything at all.

If you can't back up your claims just admit it. 

It's simple.

Clearly you proved my point as to why I would not waste my time engaging you in any formal discussion/debate.

Your contradicting statements alone truly portrayed your character, especially the fact that you ran to the mods to report me, which was rather amusing.

Regardless, it's my own fault for wasting my time even providing you a response and allowing myself to be annoyed.

This is hilarious, you keep digging yourself into a hole by making up various ways to discredit me despite the fact that I haven't even argued against you.

Go on then, show how I am contrading myself, oh you can't?

Of course you can't I'm not even making an argument against you.

Just admit you have no proof, and stop wasting the time you claim to be so precious to you. I, on the other hand, can continue to rip apart your crap until the end of time, because I can make time in my schedule to deal with people like you.

Embarassing, I've given you the benifit of the doubt, even though I knew you where just parroting someone elses opinions, ill equiped to defend them or even provide evidence for them should you be called out on them.

I knew by asking you "citation needed" instead of providing the evidence, you would scramble to try and change the subject and discredit me, because you didn't have any evidence, but I was entertaining the thought of you actually having evidence and me being wrong.

But unfortunately, and hilariously, I am right.

The only thing you had to do was provide a link backing up your claims, that would've ended right there and then, instead you said it was common sense, anyone with a grasp of how arguments work would know that is not evidence.

What, you thought that I would just give up, because you posted links about me being delusionals and having fallacious argument? 

That could've worked if I didn't understand how to make a valid argument and I was unaware of the fact that I didn't make any argument.

You have 3 options as of now: Two of which you can take, one of which will vindicate you

1. Provide evidence of your intial claim. (If its not obvious, this is the option which you cannot do, because you have no evidence. As I've reiterated, if you could have done this, then you would posted a graph or a link to your claim, instead of foolishly saying it was common sense. This was when you screwed yourself over. You thought it was funny, I thought it was funny too. But not for the same reason. This is the only option that would add credibility to your argument)

2. Do not respond, forfiet participation. (Effectively admiting, that you have no argument and you created this sidetrack to hide the fact that you do. Obviously, this is the one that you have claimed many times to do, but at the very least if you do this one, then you look less foolish, because at the very least you decided to quit before it got anyworse)

3. Continue with your pointless banter. (Further proving that you cannot provide evidence, or even using more incorrect irrelvant arguments to further embarass yourself. This is the most hilarious of options, but since you are not the OP, that level of offtaskness would surely lead to moderation. So this is the least advise option)

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

A huge start, many sell outs.

Ps4 used to outsell xbox one and wii u combined but not anymore just like wii outsold ps3+360

now the pS4 is dieing off now and the xbox one is catching up. wii u even is managing to staty competitive. it would seem that the domination of the ps4 is coming to an end but hey competition is good!

Yes but the Wii didn't get close to it's competition until 2010, didn't lose until 2011

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

PS4 "dieing (sic) off" and Xbox One catching up? This has to be a joke thread, surely. The XBone just got a price cut and the PS4 is already pounding it into the dirt again. The PS4 hasn't received any major exclusive release, price cut, promotion or even advertising and it continues to outsell the competition because frankly, its competition is pathetic.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Nirvana_Nut85 said

This is hilarious, you keep digging yourself into a hole by making up various ways to discredit me despite the fact that I haven't even argued against you.

Go on then, show how I am contrading myself, oh you can't?

Of course you can't I'm not even making an argument against you.

Just admit you have no proof, and stop wasting the time you claim to be so precious to you. I, on the other hand, can continue to rip apart your crap until the end of time, because I can make time in my schedule to deal with people like you.

Embarassing, I've given you the benifit of the doubt, even though I knew you where just parroting someone elses opinions, ill equiped to defend them or even provide evidence for them should you be called out on them.

I knew by asking you "citation needed" instead of providing the evidence, you would scramble to try and change the subject and discredit me, because you didn't have any evidence, but I was entertaining the thought of you actually having evidence and me being wrong.

But unfortunately, and hilariously, I am right.

The only thing you had to do was provide a link backing up your claims, that would've ended right there and then, instead you said it was common sense, anyone with a grasp of how arguments work would know that is not evidence.

What, you thought that I would just give up, because you posted links about me being delusionals and having fallacious argument? 

That could've worked if I didn't understand how to make a valid argument and I was unaware of the fact that I didn't make any argument.

You have 3 options as of now: Two of which you can take, one of which will vindicate you

1. Provide evidence of your intial claim. (If its not obvious, this is the option which you cannot do, because you have no evidence. As I've reiterated, if you could have done this, then you would posted a graph or a link to your claim, instead of foolishly saying it was common sense. This was when you screwed yourself over. You thought it was funny, I thought it was funny too. But not for the same reason. This is the only option that would add credibility to your argument)

2. Do not respond, forfiet participation. (Effectively admiting, that you have no argument and you created this sidetrack to hide the fact that you do. Obviously, this is the one that you have claimed many times to do, but at the very least if you do this one, then you look less foolish, because at the very least you decided to quit before it got anyworse)

3. Continue with your pointless banter. (Further proving that you cannot provide evidence, or even using more incorrect irrelvant arguments to further embarass yourself. This is the most hilarious of options, but since you are not the OP, that level of offtaskness would surely lead to moderation. So this is the least advise option)

First you claim you argued sematics, then you claimed you didn't argue at all, it seems these responses your providing are all over the place. I`m not understanding where this reasoning is coming from.

You then went on to claim that scrutiny cannot hold merit but when I proved you wrong in regards to this, instead of being a gentleman and conceding you said in your own words "Those links you posted are opinions about scrutiny, judging the situations in which it is acceptable." You can continue to beleive you are right, even when being proven wrong but my response to that is simply

You claim I have no proof but a simple backtrack through this thread will indicate that I have given you an insurmountable amount of proof by copying and pasting your responses which proved that you were contradicting yourself.

You choose not to admit this and sidestep it by ignoring these facts, yet calling me out because i told you to go google something. Tsk tsk.

I will reiterate again that you please thoroughly read through the responses you have provided as even though you will most likely not admit it in this forum, but maybe just maybe you will accept the fact that the proof of what I`ve claimed against you is in your own responses.

When did I ever state that I thought you were going to give up

? You can continue on as much as you like and I will then continue to respond. This can go on as long or as little as you want it to go.

You are not right , nor have you been through through this entire conversation. I find it hard how someone in plain writing could state one thing and then contradict themselves through the following several posts. Flip flopping only deteriorates the point you are trying to make in which you should refrain from doing :)

You can provide your opinion and advise to your hearts content on what options you believe that I have, however, as I've stated earlier do not take you seriously and I have provided examples which indicate why I have taken this stance (as well as your contradicting responses).

The only reason my previous response lead to moderation was due to insults. You claim that I am providing pointless banter without adressing your responses which usually contain light insults and your own philosophical filler. As the saying goes pull the log out of your eye before addressing the sliver in mine.

I will revert to my previous responses which you requested citation:

This is the first gen where Sony and M$ have released relatively weak hardware” - Google the components of what was considered a powerful PC for each console generation and compare it with the components launched from Sony & MS (Nintendo as well if we go back tothe N64 days)

Expect new consoles no later than 2019 (M$ will launch it's next system alongside Nintendo in 2018)” - Google the normal lifespan of consoles, vs the fact that the current hardware is underpowered compared to previous gens and the fact that both companies are making profit early on. You can then google Nvidia`s current roadmap and how they current mainline video cards are substantially ahead of what the PS4 and Xbone has and voila there you go......

The 10 year plan is wishful thinking at best and so is 100mill sales” - Already advised this was my opion based on numerous factors including the one`s addressed in the previous two quotations

As I`ve stated you will not get your links as it is a simple google. You seem to take this very seriously.......

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Congrajulations you chose option number 3.
Despite this meaningless dribble

" Clearly you proved my point as to why I would not waste my time engaging you in any formal discussion/debate.

So with that I say, good day."

As for these lies:

"First you claim you argued sematics, then you claimed you didn't argue at all, it seems these responses your providing are all over the place. I`m not understanding where this reasoning is coming from."

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Here you go: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_sense ;)

"As I`ve stated you will not get your links as it is a simple google. You seem to take this very seriously......." Refuses to provide evidence while simultaneously claiming evidence is easy to obtain. <- contradiction

"You claim I have no proof but a simple backtrack through this thread will indicate that I have given you an insurmountable amount of proof by copying and pasting your responses which proved that you were contradicting yourself." Claims proof exists, refuses to give it.

"I will reiterate again that you please thoroughly read through the responses you have provided as even though you will most likely not admit it in this forum, but maybe just maybe you will accept the fact that the proof of what I`ve claimed against you is in your own responses." You made the claim, so it is your obligation to support it, not for me to prove it for you. Unless you are a child, don't ask me to prove your arguments for you.

"When did I ever state that I thought you were going to give up ? You can continue on as much as you like and I will then continue to respond. This can go on as long or as little as you want it to go." once again, despite this, the subsequent post:

" Clearly you proved my point as to why I would not waste my time engaging you in any formal discussion/debate.

So with that I say, good day."

As for the evidence that you have finally relinquished:

"This is the first gen where Sony and M$ have released relatively weak hardware” - Google the components of what was considered a powerful PC for each console generation and compare it with the components launched from Sony & MS (Nintendo as well if we go back tothe N64 days)

Expect new consoles no later than 2019 (M$ will launch it's next system alongside Nintendo in 2018)” - Google the normal lifespan of consoles, vs the fact that the current hardware is underpowered compared to previous gens and the fact that both companies are making profit early on. You can then google Nvidia`s current roadmap and how they current mainline video cards are substantially ahead of what the PS4 and Xbone has and voila there you go......

The 10 year plan is wishful thinking at best and so is 100mill sales” - Already advised this was my opion based on numerous factors including the one`s addressed in the previous two quotations" not links, sources cannot be verified. You spent the time searching them, its literally a non issue to post the links those quotes are from.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

*Sound Of Rain said:
PS4 isn't the Wii

It will outsell the Wii with longevity

It will also handedly outsell both the One & Wii U combined

Ps4 will outsell the wii with longevity? Just like the ps3 did, right?.... right.