By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VizionEck Gameplay!

^ Good point

If you dont mind Michael, how much is this costing you?

Around the Network

I feel like this is the type of game that is confusing to look at when you're not in control but once you are in control it's super simple (at its basis). You choose a weapon (blue, red, green, white based on pickups or something possibly) and then you try to hunt down the other blocks and shoot them. The you can pick up the power ups (weapons would be my guess). I think one problem is that the "blood" spray looks too similar whether you were just killed or looking at the person who was killed. It covers the screen and is hard to differentiate when watching a video. Maybe a smaller bloom that still covers the dead players screen but not the other players would help?

Also, the fact that the video starts out watching two other blocks fighting each other makes it a bit more confusing if you don't know much about the game at all. If you spend time to figure it out it makes sense, but people don't usually do that for a game they know nothing about.

Another thing, showing the 4 player perspective is cool but again a little bit confusing to the unknowing person watching the video.

Edit: I just realized the red bloom isn't always there when someone dies. I'm not really sure why that is. I didn't see a pattern with the weapon that was used to kill the guy who "bloomed" either I don't think. I'm sure there is some reasoning behind that but it could cause confusion.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

MoHasanie said:
the-pi-guy said:
MoHasanie said:
Oh noo. Why is it multiplayer only?!

"There is actually a very large single player mode, but it has separate game mechanics and is not an FPS. It’s an open-world, story-based, first-person, puzzle-platformer based in the same universe as multiplayer."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/11/vizioneck-on-ps4-first-gameplay-revealed/#comment-1001190

Interesting. But won't the main part of the game be its multiplayer? 

They're pretty 50 50.

Just time wise though the vast majority of it goes into single player. It's open world so I have to develop lots and lots of environments.

Carl2291 said:
^ Good point

If you dont mind Michael, how much is this costing you?

VizionEck is a very large game that both me and others are heavily invested in.

I obviously can't reveal dollar amounts, but VizionEck has been my full time job for the past 12 months.

Barozi said:

I wouldn't recommend putting too much time/money into it (unless you have another job with which you could afford it).
I don't see it doing well in sales or with critics.

Thanks for the advice, but that's actually kinda the opposite of what happened.

VizionEck started as just a quick title I could whip up in a month. In fact, I even started a devblog for it here

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166020&page=1

Then some people became interested and I myself also saw the game had greater potential. That thread was wiped clean (I saved the posts in case I ever wanted to put them back up) and the game moved from PC to PS4.

It went from a very small "one month game" to a huge two year game because of the extreme amount of confidence in the project. It's almost impossible to predict sales at this point, but I and the people directly involved see it doing very well with critics. The marketing may not convince people, but the fact of the matter is that VizionEck's at minimum a solid game.

JoeTheBro said:

They're pretty 50 50.

Just time wise though the vast majority of it goes into single player. It's open world so I have to develop lots and lots of environments.

Sounds pretty good.  Just make better trailers next time.  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

It's like a really bad nightmare that you just want to end, but you can't make it stop!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
bigd615 said:

I feel like this is the type of game that is confusing to look at when you're not in control but once you are in control it's super simple (at its basis). You choose a weapon (blue, red, green, white based on pickups or something possibly) and then you try to hunt down the other blocks and shoot them. The you can pick up the power ups (weapons would be my guess). I think one problem is that the "blood" spray looks too similar whether you were just killed or looking at the person who was killed. It covers the screen and is hard to differentiate when watching a video. Maybe a smaller bloom that still covers the dead players screen but not the other players would help?

Also, the fact that the video starts out watching two other blocks fighting each other makes it a bit more confusing if you don't know much about the game at all. If you spend time to figure it out it makes sense, but people don't usually do that for a game they know nothing about.

Another thing, showing the 4 player perspective is cool but again a little bit confusing to the unknowing person watching the video.

Edit: I just realized the red bloom isn't always there when someone dies. I'm not really sure why that is. I didn't see a pattern with the weapon that was used to kill the guy who "bloomed" either I don't think. I'm sure there is some reasoning behind that but it could cause confusion.

Basically though it's like showing a modern 3D game to a gamer in the 80's.  It's really not that complex for a gamer to play, but it's just so incredibly different making it hard to comprehend. I do have an uphill struggle with marketing the game through traditional means.

There is no blood.

The red bloom is from the red cube exploding.

What's the concept of this game? It doesn't look bad, but I don't understand the gameplay of the game.

finalrpgfantasy said:
What's the concept of this game? It doesn't look bad, but I don't understand the gameplay of the game.

It's a first person shooter, just with different mechanics and different enviroments.

You gain points for killing other players and lose points for getting killed yourself.

Players play as cubes, called Rangers. The second cube that grows ontop of them is their "gun." Once it's fully grown, the weapon can be shot.

White cubes shoot a shotgun like blast. Green cubes shoot a continued machine gun like stream. Red cubes shoot a rocket like blast. Blue cubes shoot a sniper like blast.

When a player is destroyed, it creates the yellow object. Collecting that also gives you points.

The person with the most points at the end of a match wins.

The game looks freakin crazy, not going to lie. Definitely intrigued and I've spent $20 on less. So, who knows. Regardless, I hope the best for you and your team Joe!