By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VizionEck Gameplay!

JayWood2010 said:
JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:

I feel like its trying to be too artsy. A game being artsy only works if the overall premise looks good, example being Ori, Journey, and Limbo.

I just dont get this and am not impressed. While i do like Joe im not going to lie either, i dont think this looks that great.  Im going to treat you like any other dev and be honest with you joe.  ANd never would i pay $20 for it.

I find it extremely amusing that the game is commonly referred to as artsy, or trying too hard to be different.

As a creator you will need to take feedback that you dont necessarily agree with and let that guide you to make it or your next thing better.  If you have to explain to people on a regular basis about your vision and why the viewer's vision is wrong then there is likely something wrong with that.  Looking on youtube and comments in here people are confused, they find it dull, they find it artsy, uninteresting etc

You cant just tell people theyre wrong, you have to show them.

All feedback is beneficial.

Never however should a creator be "guided" by it. As the game developer my job is to make my vision a reality. The second you start to crowd develop a game like you suggest, it all falls apart.

The feelings a person has towards a game are always true, but their suggestions and judgment that go along with it are hit and miss. You and many other people feel the game is artsy, but the judgment that it's artsy is wrong. This tells me that for those people I've failed to explain the gameplay in a convincing manner.

Did I not explain how you were wrong with the part of my post you deleted?

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:
JoeTheBro said:

"Those couldn't be farther from the truth."

Why is it called VizionEck?

ktay95 said:

VizionEck refers to something important in the single player campaign.

JayWood2010 said:
JoeTheBro said:

"Those couldn't be farther from the truth."

I mean it'd be like calling Tetris artsy. Sure I think VizionEck looks good, but having fun gameplay is the number one priority. This art-style is actually the result of the gameplay. Take call of duty's kill confirmed mode for example:

Why are there magic floating dog tags above the enemy? It's certainly not to be artsy.

No, it's because the developers invented a fun game mechanic and needed visuals that worked with it. With VizionEck I'm doing the same thing. When I come up with a game mechanic that makes the game play better, it's in the game. Simple as that. The visuals spawn out of gameplay, not out of an artistic vision.

ktay95 said:

It's the name of the studio. So a better question would be, why is the studio called VizionEck?

Edit: Or what he said.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

Tetris was made decades ago with much less technical hardware.  I wouldnt necessarily compare a game made in 2014 to a game that released in 1984. 

Dogs tags in CoD dont represent its artstyle.

Maybe VisionEck is a fun game, idk, havent played it.  Im just saying the trailer itself is bad and i guarantee that the first thing anybody notices is indeed the artsy artstyle.

If there is something that makes this game really good like youve been saying then show people because you absolutely should not have to explain it to the extent you hav had to so far.

When i first saw Ori, they didnt have to explain it to me.  I knew i wanted it, i knew it looked good, and trhe artstyle was beautiful.

Im seeing you in here and on youtube having to explain it to people, but the trailer should have done that for you is what ive been trying to say.  A trailer is to advertise your game to sell, not for people to say wtf did i just watch

With that said, a suggestion would be to show people what makes your game so good.  I wish you the best with your release and i hope it goes far but first impressions are important.  

The most important question is will it run in 1080p @ 60fps

Joe, I agree with a lot of the others here. I'd don't understand the gameplay trailer at all. That doesn't mean it can't be fun, it just doesn't explain itself well. If it wasn't your game I probably wouldn't give it a chance based on that video. I hope that you can figure out a more effective way to market the game so that people will give it a shot. If you do a beta I will certainly try it.

Also, I find it very rude that some people want to so harshly ridicule this game that is from one of our very own. I feel like we at VGChartz at the very least should give it the benefit of the doubt at least until it has been released. There is a polite way of saying you don't like the way something looks, and then there is a disrespectful/ rude way. Just because you say no offense doesn't mean what your saying isn't offensive.

Cobretti2 said:

I'm looking into 4k @ 120fps

WrathofTank said:
Joe, I agree with a lot of the others here. I'd don't understand the gameplay trailer at all. That doesn't mean it can't be fun, it just doesn't explain itself well. If it wasn't your game I probably wouldn't give it a chance based on that video. I hope that you can figure out a more effective way to market the game so that people will give it a shot. If you do a beta I will certainly try it.

Also, I find it very rude that some people want to so harshly ridicule this game that is from one of our very own. I feel like we at VGChartz at the very least should give it the benefit of the doubt at least until it has been released. There is a polite way of saying you don't like the way something looks, and then there is a disrespectful/ rude way. Just because you say no offense doesn't mean what your saying isn't offensive.

I fully understand.

There's a group of people that do seem to understand the core and are pretty interested, but then there are a lot of people that don't. I have an uphill battle with marketing to that second group, just because it is so different.

I have no problem with negative comments at the game though. Yeah I'd enjoy it if people were more civilized, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I have a lot of confidence in the game.

JayWood2010 said:

Tetris was made decades ago with much less technical hardware.  I wouldnt necessarily compare a game made in 2014 to a game that released in 1984. 

That doesn't matter, but I can save time and just go with it.

Replace tetris with bejeweled. It's not an artistic game.

JayWood2010 said:

Dogs tags in CoD dont represent its artstyle.

Never said or implied they did.

However maybe this is your problem? Are you thinking of artsy as referring to an abstract art-style?

JoeTheBro said:
Cobretti2 said:

I'm looking into 4k @ 120fps

Does then PS4's HDMI port even support that? o.o