By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VizionEck Gameplay!

Its annoying seeing the "dont judge it until you play it" in the comments section. Isnt a gameplay trailer meant to make me judge a game?

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
jlmurph2 said:

Its annoying seeing the "dont judge it until you play it" in the comments section. Isnt a gameplay trailer meant to make me judge a game?

It's meant to inform.  

Looking at all the "WTF" comments it doesnt inform very well. It takes a guy going through replying to everyone to explain what it is.

Edit: Trailers are meant to intrigue.

Looks trippy, wish they would explain anything.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

the-pi-guy said:
jlmurph2 said:

It's meant to inform.  

It's actually meant to quite literally just show the gameplay.

The video shows six minutes of gameplay, divided up between four players.

I feel like its trying to be too artsy. A game being artsy only works if the overall premise looks good, example being Ori, Journey, and Limbo.

I just dont get this and am not impressed. While i do like Joe im not going to lie either, i dont think this looks that great.  Im going to treat you like any other dev and be honest with you joe.  ANd never would i pay $20 for it.

Around the Network

I'll try it, 20 bucks isnt much,i spend that on my lunch everyday.

JoeTheBro said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
What's the concept of this game? It doesn't look bad, but I don't understand the gameplay of the game.

It's a first person shooter, just with different mechanics and different enviroments.

You gain points for killing other players and lose points for getting killed yourself.

Players play as cubes, called Rangers. The second cube that grows ontop of them is their "gun." Once it's fully grown, the weapon can be shot.

White cubes shoot a shotgun like blast. Green cubes shoot a continued machine gun like stream. Red cubes shoot a rocket like blast. Blue cubes shoot a sniper like blast.

When a player is destroyed, it creates the yellow object. Collecting that also gives you points.

The person with the most points at the end of a match wins.

Thanks for the info.  

JoeTheBro said:
EpicRandy said:

I like the concept.

It visually looks a little like Tron (I like that). But i'm a little worried that it might give headache to some people after a certain period, it might also not be appealing to many.

If I may suggest, you could add other skins / texture pack such as Maya/Inca geometry paint like this or this:

I hope you do well.

ps. I'm about 6 months in the development of a game myself (I put most of my spare time on it) and I know how challenging many things we thought "simple" can be. So you have my respect.

Yes it'll have a variety of skins. I really like this look and it should be standard for competitive play, but VizionEck is all about the mechanics and gameplay. If a player likes the mechanics but has difficulty with the visuals, I believe it'd be wrong to deny them the choice.

Single player will not have skins, just image effects.

Thanks! I've been working on VizionEck full time for over the past year. Within a few weeks of multiplayer development I had a build up and running that pretty much worked exactly like what you saw in the trailer. VizionEck's art-style allows for rapid development!

For example take these two pics that I revealed today.

Since computers are awesome and record everything, I can say the top screenshot was taken on 8/26/13 and the bottom screenshot was taken on 8/21/13. The other screenshots that I revealed today were all taken on 10/13/13.

Since then my time with multiplayer has gone into polishing and getting additional features implemented. For example the game can record all gameplay, similarly to reply mode in racing games or theater in Halo.  I used that in order to record the match in the trailer once in fullscreen, and then a second time in split screen.

I've also been spending LOTS of time on the game's single player campaign. That's actually where the heart of the work has been going for the past 6 months.

Now I want a ps4 (well not really (not for now) but I want to play your game).

By the way goob job to have been able to handle a project from start to release. I have full of game ideas and I find that difficult to limit myself to a single project. My games always end up being only a concept proof and I find myself starting a new project. 

JayWood2010 said:

I feel like its trying to be too artsy. A game being artsy only works if the overall premise looks good, example being Ori, Journey, and Limbo.

I just dont get this and am not impressed. While i do like Joe im not going to lie either, i dont think this looks that great.  Im going to treat you like any other dev and be honest with you joe.  ANd never would i pay $20 for it.

I find it extremely amusing that the game is commonly referred to as artsy, or trying too hard to be different.

Those couldn't be farther from the truth.

I mean it'd be like calling Tetris artsy. Sure I think VizionEck looks good, but having fun gameplay is the number one priority. This art-style is actually the result of the gameplay. Take call of duty's kill confirmed mode for example:

Why are there magic floating dog tags above the enemy? It's certainly not to be artsy.

No, it's because the developers invented a fun game mechanic and needed visuals that worked with it. With VizionEck I'm doing the same thing. When I come up with a game mechanic that makes the game play better, it's in the game. Simple as that. The visuals spawn out of gameplay, not out of an artistic vision.

And I'm glad you're giving your honest opinion. I disagree with your judgement and bet you will actually end up buying the game, but it's always important to here people's feelings on VizionEck.

JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:

I find it extremely amusing that the game is commonly referred to as artsy, or trying too hard to be different.

As a creator you will need to take feedback that you dont necessarily agree with and let that guide you to make it or your next thing better.  If you have to explain to people on a regular basis about your vision and why the viewer's vision is wrong then there is likely something wrong with that.  Looking on youtube and comments in here people are confused, they find it dull, they find it artsy, uninteresting etc

You cant just tell people theyre wrong, you have to show them.