By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Problem -- There Simply Isn't Room For 3 Consoles

EricFabian said:
So, M$ will leave. Sad, but only room for 2 consoles right?

Nah MS wouldn't leave, even if they drop support for hardware they would likely still make games for PC. (In which, I would become primarily a PC player)

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
EricFabian said:

Nah MS wouldn't leave, even if they drop support for hardware they would likely still make games for PC. (In which, I would become primarily a PC player)

Traitor.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
NobleTeam360 said:
EricFabian said:

Traitor.

:O I would still play on Sony consoles and buy Sony's 1st party games. Everything else would just be on PC though. 

Fusioncode said:
NobleTeam360 said:
EricFabian said:

Traitor.

You might disagree with my thread, but I don't ask anyone to leave it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Lol how can you even say that considering the Wii U has sold more than Xbox One so really Xbox needs to go

Around the Network

Since the good sales of Mario Kart 8 (and thus a little rise in Wii U sales) but mostly since this year's E3 I've been watching how threads like these try to belittle Nintendo in some way, Nintendo won this year's E3, so what, get over it, it's not the end of the world for Sony or MS (in their video game divisions). Those two companies are perfectly fine and they are not in danger by what Nintendo could do (at least in a time short). So calm down. Ten or twenty years from now you would still be able to fap with one hand at how many polygons the PS6 can process whilst with the other commenting on the Internet how great Sony is.

As you may assume after finish of reading my post, yes, English is not my first language.

i don't think the problem is exclusively nintendo's. i believe there can only be room for no more than 2 consoles going after the same demographic, as evident by saturn, dreamcast and gamecube ie. nintendo realized this and their new blue ocean strategy made the wii a success.
i loved ninty's philsophy on how there can't be just predators in a healthy gaming industry ecosystem, and i personally think ninty should retain that sentiment with the wii u as well. not saying trying to get major 3rd parties to their console was inherently a bad thing, but i think nintendo should stick to their forte; finding new ways to entertain, finding new demographics and finding new ways for people to interact with video games.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Consoles have always been the same.

No. Before the 6th gen, consoles were usually very unique with its game library and specs.

KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Consoles have always been the same.

No. Before the 6th gen, consoles were usually very unique with its game library and specs.

Different specs to the same thing, the difference in libraries is because of the shift from game developer making consoles to electronics company/software company making consoles

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Different specs to the same thing, the difference in libraries is because of the shift from game developer making consoles to electronics company/software company making consoles

There were never as many multi platform games on consoles before the 6th gen. Just saying...