By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Problem -- There Simply Isn't Room For 3 Consoles

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nintendo has butchered many of my favorite series. Unfortunately, I'm still a Nintendo fan at heart, since they did make my first console.

Which series have betrayed you

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network

Without Nintendo, you have two systems that are almost the same....

Y'all hate nintendo but you want them to go third party so you can't get the game y'all hate so much

BeElite said:

Any one with any business sense and logic knows its MS casue they dont need it or Nintendo casue their hardware sales are struggling and they need a user base to sale their games on.  Sony will sale of every other unit before PS, they could legitametly become Sony PS Finencial and movies/tv.  

Plus sony hardware and MS and Ninty games and services on it makes best sense.  it that ever came to be IF.

MS said from the beginning they're willing to take big losses with Xbox so they can become the center of the living room and they have the bank to do so. Nintendo's hardware is profitable the majority of the time and even on a low userbase their software sells well.

No shit, Sony hardware with MS and Nintendo games make sense to you because you're a big Sony fan. It doesn't make sense to me. I don't want to buy a  $400+ consoles with basically the same controller every single gen to play Nintendo's games and I'm not that much  interested in cinematic experiences.

I dont agree with the OP at least not in the way he is sayin it. There is no room for 3 "core" red ocean PC lite whatever the hell you want to call them consoles. Sony and MS can get away with that but no Ninty, they CANT beat those two at taht game. Couldnt do it with N64, GC and they are not doing it with the U. They have to be different now that can either be great or it can be terribad. But its better to risk than to get in a fight you know you're gonna lose

People are saying MS should leave? Why? Cause its similar to PS? Ninty should stay cause they are different? terrible arguments, people dont care about different, they care about "fun" and "good" sujective sure, but sales say taht people dont care about U being different. Its in 2nd but it still has to fight off One, which is shouldnt since it had a YEAR headstart. Lets wake up here.

on a side note people still clamoring for Wii 2 sure it would have sold better, still would have flopped because that whole thing was done already.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
phaedruss said:

I mean really there isn't anything special about Nintendo hardware, it's not like there are magical fairies in there or something. Nintendo games would be nintendo games on any platform. Do I think they'll leave the console business I don't know, I think it might be better for them if they did, but maybe this unified OS/architecture thing will do really well.

There isn't anything special about the other systems either.... Just like to point that out. 

But they are selling well...just like to point that out

DarkRPGamer007 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nintendo has butchered many of my favorite series. Unfortunately, I'm still a Nintendo fan at heart, since they did make my first console.

Which series have betrayed you

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Which ones?

Paper Mario{Basterdized and Neglected}, Samus{Basterdized and Neglected}, Star Fox{Neglected}, Smash{Basterdized}, F-Zero{Neglected}, Wario World{Neglected}, Kirby{Handelized},Collesium{Neglected}, Snap{Neglected}

Please refrain from pulling me back into this boring trainwreck of a thread.

As for the OP:

The industry we are in no longer belongs to Nintendo. Its Sony's, and they created it with PS1, solidified it with the PS2, weakened it with PS3 which allowed MS to come in stronger, but are now taking back with the PS4. Microsoft is trying to take Sony's place, but Nintendo's folly is that it has yet to and probably cannot adapt to it, thus the only way for it to compete is to do what the Wii did and go for a different market. Unfortunately, that is very hard, and unreliable.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

ikki5 said:

Exactly

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

ikki5 said:

Consoles have always been the same.

The reason Nintendo's have been different lately is because they've become incompatible with the industry.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I agree with this thread.

PC should leave the industry.