By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE! Megaton Virtual console subscription incoming?! Emily Rogers hinting at secret sauce in that 8.0 3ds update...?

What do you wany?

Unlimited vc access $5 a month 18 21.18%

unlimited vc access $9 a ... 16 18.82%

cross play 39 45.88%

I like to waste money 12 14.12%

Total:85

VC subscription service? Ehhhhh......

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
I really couldn't care less about subscription services...Full crossbuy for VC (for games available on multiple systems only of course) would be a nice addition, but other than that, I can't really see them doing anything that I would care about.

I second this.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Maybe you are going to be able to play VC games on mobiles.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Some of the comments on that Nintendo Enthusiast article, oh dear. how disappointed people are going to be. "Oh I'd love a $50 annual subscription for all VC titles with discounts on purchases and a free game every month!"
Yeah right, like Nintendo would give you that.

Best case scenario for this rumored subscription model is $7.99 a month/$60 a year full access to all virtual console on consoles under your NNID and a 10% discount on any purchases you make during the subscription.

I still don't think it's subscription, though. With recent comments I could see them tying together the WiiU and 3DS eshop purchases for games available on both systems. (or giving major discounts like they have for Virtual Console upgrades from Wii) Maybe. And leaving it at that.

Not that interested in a subscription model but if it means that games will be added to VC at a much better pace then I'm all for it.

Around the Network

I sure hope we'll get a subscription model! As long as it isnt forced at us for online, i'll take it!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Couldn't give a damn about any subscription model. But I'd absolutely LOVE cross-buy, although I wish they'd allow the connection of 2 3DS through Nintendo Network. It'd be nice to have my bro's games on my 3DS and vice versa.

MohammadBadir said:
Couldn't give a damn about any subscription model. But I'd absolutely LOVE cross-buy, although I wish they'd allow the connection of 2 3DS through Nintendo Network. It'd be nice to have my bro's games on my 3DS and vice versa.

Lol a subscription service would be cross-buy in a sense wouldn't it?

I would be incredibly down with this, but they really need to release more and faster. Where are the damn gamecube games?

kekrot said:
burninmylight said:
The devs who made Squids Odyssey said Nintendo is working on fixing the infrastructure after they made Squids the first crossbuy game on a Nintendo ecosystem (in Europe, at least). I know it's a hail mary, but perhaps this is another step closer to GBA games on 3DS and/or cross-buy?

Don't hold your breath for GBA on 3DS. It isn't powerful enough to emulate GBA games in the first place (ambassador games aren't emulated, they are launched as native apps through the DS mode, and from there, GBA mode. That's why they couldn't include things like suspend points. Every VC title from now on will have suspend points and GBA on 3DS doesn't support it. 

I find it extremely hard to believe it's a question of power. To say it's a matter of ROM compatibility is understandable, but you can't tell me a console playing Wii-level games isn't powerful enough to handle SNES-level games.

I don't get why people would want to buy vc games for 10-15 a piece instead or having unlimited access to them for only 9 dollars a month. Are you kidding me? I'd get a year's worth of money worth out of that deal in one month alone!