By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE! Megaton Virtual console subscription incoming?! Emily Rogers hinting at secret sauce in that 8.0 3ds update...?

What do you wany?

Unlimited vc access $5 a month 18 21.18%

unlimited vc access $9 a ... 16 18.82%

cross play 39 45.88%

I like to waste money 12 14.12%

Total:85
phaedruss said:
MohammadBadir said:
Couldn't give a damn about any subscription model. But I'd absolutely LOVE cross-buy, although I wish they'd allow the connection of 2 3DS through Nintendo Network. It'd be nice to have my bro's games on my 3DS and vice versa.

Lol a subscription service would be cross-buy in a sense wouldn't it?

I would be incredibly down with this, but they really need to release more and faster. Where are the damn gamecube games?

I'd prefer buying one game and having it on all my other devices rather than having to pay a monthly/yearly fee for unlimited access on one platform.

Around the Network

This would be a service, a service that potentially would work on both platforms when tied to a NNID. At, let's be reasonable 30 - 40 a year for access to the entire VC library on two... i count TWO platforms with the options to buy at a slightly discounted price is enticing. Cross buy wont be a part of this dream yet, but it's getting there slowly and the Wii to Wii U discount upgrades are a sign of that.

I would like to see a combination of both; in other words a subscription service for Virtual Console that includes cross plattform downloads for all downloadable games and other content available on Wii U and 3DS. Add to that a full scale cloud service in Mii-verse style, making it possible to save all your downloaded content for use in other future hardware devices supported by Nintendo.

A one month free trial version of the subscription service should also be included when you buy a Wii U or 3DS system.

MohammadBadir said:
phaedruss said:
MohammadBadir said:
Couldn't give a damn about any subscription model. But I'd absolutely LOVE cross-buy, although I wish they'd allow the connection of 2 3DS through Nintendo Network. It'd be nice to have my bro's games on my 3DS and vice versa.

I would be incredibly down with this, but they really need to release more and faster. Where are the damn gamecube games?

I'd prefer buying one game and having it on all my other devices rather than having to pay a monthly/yearly fee for unlimited access on one platform.

This is me assuming here, but I'd think it would be like netflix, you get it on any platform. Obviously, Wii U or 3DS right now.

I visit Nintendo Enthusiast every day. It's usually pretty good about avoiding obvious, shameless clickbait. I will remain cautiously optimistic to hear something good soon, but I highly doubt Nintendo was ready to announce something back at E3.

However, didn't Capcom announce a buttload of VC support at E3?

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
MohammadBadir said:
phaedruss said:
MohammadBadir said:

This is me assuming here, but I'd think it would be like netflix, you get it on any platform. Obviously, Wii U or 3DS right now.

But he's saying he wants to own the games he plays. I feel the same way. Subscription services are nice, but you quit, you lose. I want to pay for something once and have full control of it whether I'm offline or decide to quit the service.

I think the poll should be changed to something meaninful like:

Would you prefer

a subscription service @ $5/month

a subscription service @ $9/month (plus 10% discount on all titles)

cross-play

If you can edit polls...not sure if you can, but it'd be a better use than the one that is up there currently.

burninmylight said:

But he's saying he wants to own the games he plays. I feel the same way. Subscription services are nice, but you quit, you lose. I want to pay for something once and have full control of it whether I'm offline or decide to quit the service.

Why not both? I don't see why a subscription service would replace the ability to buy games individually...

burninmylight said:
phaedruss said:
MohammadBadir said:
phaedruss said:
MohammadBadir said:

Exactly.

What if Nintendo decided to apply the Wii Sports model to the VC subscription model?

As in, you pay the the console you want to "play". You pay a dollar or two per console, per month, and you get the games for those consoles whilst being able to buy individual games for other consoles and even allowing to subscribe to other consoles at any given time.

The final amount could be around the 60$ per year, but it would surely pay off for having acess to every console. And as an added bonus for subscribing a console, you get the games a week or two sooner than those who didn`t subscribe that console.

I call it the "subscribe a console. Have it your way!" model.

This i would be interested in!