By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

Zero999 said:
Zekkyou said:

Well i'd hope so. It would be a bit embarrassing if you didn't know 60fps was rather easy to hit when you heavily downgrade image quality ^^

There's nothing downgraded in mario kart 8's image quality. and that's from someone who already played it quite close to the screen.

Downgraded as in compromises needed to be made in order to achieve 60fps. They didn't choose to run MK8 at 720p/noAA/SubP TF for the lolz.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

It really doesnt matter. PS4 has yet to show off what it can do game play wise. Anyone can show off nice CG footage, Square-Enix is the prime example of this. When Ps4 can do something like the CG they show,with actual gameplay, then I'll jump into the ''ps4 graphics are on another level!'' camp :P

We won't see that for a few years though I'm afraid as these consoles usually dont hit their strike till their 2nd-3rd year

CG? So you think what has been shown of The order, Infamous, Uncharted and driveclub are all CG?

Thats actually a very very big compliment. And its time you do what you said and jump on the PS4 graphics camp. 

given sony's history, the actual graphics of those games will be bellow what they showed.

bigtakilla said:

Zekkyou said:

Well i'd hope so. It would be a bit embarrassing if you didn't know 60fps was rather easy to hit when you heavily downgrade image quality ^^

Kind of embarrassing so few devs know how to hit the mark of 60fps. ^^

They do know how. You cut the resolution to 720p and turn the AA off

Zekkyou said:
Zero999 said:

There's nothing downgraded in mario kart 8's image quality. and that's from someone who already played it quite close to the screen.

Downgraded as in compromises needed to be made in order to achieve 60fps. They didn't choose to run MK8 at 720p/noAA/SubP TF for the lolz.

you can repeat that all you want (what's subp?), there were no compromises because the game looks gorgeous as it is.

Locknuts said:
Looks nice. Not sure why graphics aren't 'wowing' me like they used to though.

two words: diminishing returns.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

given sony's history, the actual graphics of those games will be bellow what they showed.

lol... *Looks at Infamous second son and KZ shadow fall and the order*

Ok, anything you say.

Zekkyou said:

Just like the Uncharted series historically goes with hallway and room designed levels, unstable 30fps, and bad draw distances to achieve it's "eye candy". Lol. You know, compromises.

some people need to get there eyes check and take off the 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

What exactly does 'another level' mean? Another level above PS3? Sure.

But they are fare behind the best PCs. And there are no released PS4 games that look notably better than Ryse or Forza 5 (and many would argue its the opposite).

Ultimately graphics for this generation will look like this:

PC>>>>PS4~>Xbox1>>>>Wii U.

And right now they look like this:

PC>>PS4~Xbox1>>Wii U.

Edit: This assumes the cloud will habe no discernable impact on the Xbox One's graphics (and I don't think it will outside of perhaps some major first party games, and even then only for people with brilliant internet connections).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Yes, graphics are a bigger money pit than on any other console ever before, and by the end of the generation, several more developers will declare bankruptcy or be bought out because they aren't making any money on them.