By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

FATALITY said:
naruball said:
FATALITY said:
POE said:
I agree.
Now, can we agree that PS4 graphics don´t make a game fun?

/thread

Not really though. The thread is about graphics. The discussion on gameplay has no place in this thread. So you can most definitely not use "/thread" here. It's completely off topic.

lol i know. its just funny see people go off topic

Oh, sorry then. And yeah, I agree. It's quite funny

Around the Network
gergroy said:

mario kart 8 looks better than uncharted 4...

^this, and will more than likely run with better fps.

VanceIX said:

None of those games have been released yet, all of those scenes are hand-picked from the studios. There is no guarantee that any of the games will look near as good.

Also, The Order and Uncharted 4 are both linear cinematic games. You would expect them to have good graphics due to the lack of objects needed to be accounted for in the game environment (and before someone starts flaming for it, even Kojima has said that open-world games are harder to optimise for graphics than linear).

Show me any game that looks like Skyrim with ENB and texture mods (it was a last-gen game too), and then I'll listen. As of now, pretty cinematic linear games do nothing for me.

I think everyone can agree with you about linear games. But whether you're interested in them or not is besides the point. What's supposed to be discussed here is whether there is something more impressive than these gifs/pictures on pc. In other words, use a gif/pic from a pc game that is linear but looks better than uncharted. Again, whether the final product will look as good as the presentation is besides the point. The OP is asking if there's something as impressive as these gifs. Therefore you can use gifs from pc games that have not been released yet.

We're not talking about overall impressive games, but specifically impresive games. Can you provide any examples of a video game character's looking more impressive than Drake's from Uncharted 4? Because I have yet to see anything more impressive than that. Again, I'm not talking about trees, but characters, especially facial features.

ps4 have the best graphics/cost ratio.

naruball said:
VanceIX said:

None of those games have been released yet, all of those scenes are hand-picked from the studios. There is no guarantee that any of the games will look near as good.

Also, The Order and Uncharted 4 are both linear cinematic games. You would expect them to have good graphics due to the lack of objects needed to be accounted for in the game environment (and before someone starts flaming for it, even Kojima has said that open-world games are harder to optimise for graphics than linear).

Show me any game that looks like Skyrim with ENB and texture mods (it was a last-gen game too), and then I'll listen. As of now, pretty cinematic linear games do nothing for me.

I think everyone can agree with you about linear games. But whether you're interested in them or not is besides the point. What's supposed to be discussed here is whether there is something more impressive than these gifs/pictures on pc. In other words, use a gif/pic from a pc game that is linear but looks better than uncharted. Again, whether the final product will look as good as the presentation is besides the point. The OP is asking if there's something as impressive as these gifs. Therefore you can use gifs from pc games that have not been released yet.

We're not talking about overall impressive games, but specifically impresive games. Can you provide any examples of a video game character's looking more impressive than Drake's from Uncharted 4? Because I have yet to see anything more impressive than that. Again, I'm not talking about trees, but characters, especially facial features.

All of these are mods for a last-gen game that are actually working now (Lightning is an in-game mod). Uncharted 4 will almost certainly not have that level of detail during actual gameplay where things are actually happening on screen, and one hand-picked trailer isn't going to change that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that tons of trailers look impressive. Watch Dogs looked amazing in the original trailer. The end product is almost never what it is made out to be though, and you should be especially cautious when no actual gameplay is shown.

And you'd be surprised how many people believe that The Last of Us is the pinnacle of graphics optimisation, when it is a cinematic linear title. It looks great, sure, but it's to be expected when you make a condensed game with the huge budget that ND gets, especially since it was at the very end of the generations and since it was exlusive.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
gergroy said:

mario kart 8 looks better than uncharted 4...

^this, and will more than likely run with better fps.

As someone else said, you can argue it looks better visually, but this thread is about graphics. In that regard MK8 doesn't hold to candle to any of the games in the OP. Comparing the tech of MK8 vs DC is almost like comparing games from two separate generations. Speaks volumes to how little effort Nintendo have put into pushing the WiiU's hardware (ZeldaU may change that, but we will have to wait and see).

You're right though, MK8 likley will have a better average fps. Amazing what you can achieve when you cut the resolution to 720p, use a sub-par texture filter and completely remove the AA :p It does wonders for your performance

Zekkyou said:

As someone else said, you can argue it looks better visually, but this thread is about graphics. In that regard MK8 doesn't hold to candle to any of the games in the OP. Comparing the tech of MK8 vs DC is almost like comparing games from two separate generations. Speaks volumes to how little effort Nintendo have put into pushing the WiiU's hardware (ZeldaU may change that, but we will have to wait and see).

You're right though, MK8 likley will have a better average fps. Amazing what you can achieve when you cut the resolution to 720p, use a sub-par texture filter and completely remove the AA :p It does wonders for your performance

Oh, I know I'm right. ;)

VanceIX said:

[pics]

All of these are mods for a last-gen game that are actually working now (Lightning is an in-game mod). Uncharted 4 will almost certainly not have that level of detail during actual gameplay where things are actually happening on screen, and one hand-picked trailer isn't going to change that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that tons of trailers look impressive. Watch Dogs looks amazing in the original trailer. The end product is almost never what it is made out to be though, and you should be especially cautious when no actual gameplay is shown.

Absolutely.

I still don't think the pics you posted look as realistic as Drake (they're more cartoony than relastic the way I see it) and we don't see them in motion, so I'm not that impressed, but fair enough.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that ps4 games have bigger budget than pc games and no matter how much work modders do, they can't beat the trailer from uncharted (in a comparison between trailers at least). Is it gonna look like that? Like you said, just like Watch_Dogs, probably not. But I think they have the potential to look that good (especially very linear games), while PC games have yet to show that kind of detail in character models (to my knowledge of course).

kitler53 said:
i'll second you but g'luck getting everyone to agree. there is always that one guy who is going to say mk8 looks better than uncharted 4.

that's impossible to say because we haven't seen uncharted 4's graphics yet.

Well, if not we can atleast all agree that it looks great.