By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wind Waker HD outsell the original?

Will It?

Yes 51 25.89%

No 146 74.11%

Total:197
AZWification said:
ExplodingBlock said:
SjOne said:
You think that Wii U will outsell N64? Its below GameCube at same point in time, how will it suddenly get the jump to bear its predecessors

DA GAMES

LOOK AT ALL DA GAMES

HAVE YOU NO FAITH?

Games alone aren't going to save the WiiU, man....

Smash is

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
ExplodingBlock said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Probably not, I mean, I dont think Remakes ever outsold the original? (Correct me if I am wrong)

Mario 64 DS came close but missed it by 1m (mario64:11m, mario64ds: 10m) but no, not that I know of

That isn't a fair fight though. The original was on a home console from the mid 90's (much lower adoption rate hardware wise and much cheaper game price) and the other was on the most successful handheld ever.

Mario 64 came bundled right? Correct me if I am wrong

ExplodingBlock said:
AZWification said:

Games alone aren't going to save the WiiU, man....

Smash is

I'm sure Smash 4 is going to give the WiiU a much needed boost, but I don't think it will the save the system..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nope. Unless they make a bundle that includes that game and is their only bundle.

It's not impossible if you include digital, but even then it's unlikely. Remakes outselling the original is pretty unheard of. Which really doesn't make any sense to me, but that's the reality of it.

Around the Network

No but it should manage about 50% of the original's sales.

ExplodingBlock said:
prayformojo said:
ExplodingBlock said:
Probably not, I mean, I dont think Remakes ever outsold the original? (Correct me if I am wrong)

Mario 64 DS came close but missed it by 1m (mario64:11m, mario64ds: 10m) but no, not that I know of

That isn't a fair fight though. The original was on a home console from the mid 90's (much lower adoption rate hardware wise and much cheaper game price) and the other was on the most successful handheld ever.

I don't think it was bundled in the states. I have found some PAL bundles from 1998, but nothing for the US or anywhere else and nothing near the consoles launch.

prayformojo said:
ExplodingBlock said:
prayformojo said:
ExplodingBlock said:

I don't think it was bundled in the states. I have found some PAL bundles from 1998, but nothing for the US or anywhere else and nothing near the consoles launch.

It wasn't. The only thing bundled with the N64 in some stores, was an extra controller. I've never seen M64 ever bundled here.

archer9234 said:
prayformojo said:
ExplodingBlock said:
prayformojo said:
ExplodingBlock said:

It wasn't. The only thing bundled with the N64 in some stores, was an extra controller. I've never seen M64 ever bundled here.

I didn't think so. I remember thinking how weird it was as well because up until that point every Nintendo console launched with a Mario.

with free copies people are getting with MK8 it might do that. I'm still waiting for my digital copy of WW to be verified here in Sweden.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(