By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wind Waker HD outsell the original?

Will It?

Yes 51 25.89%

No 146 74.11%

Total:197

When I say this I mean by the end of the Wii U's life, it has already hit 1m but the original sold 4.6m, with my prediction still being 35m lt for Wii U I see this as a possibility.

Around the Network

I don't think it will...

Maybe?

Who knows though.

Probably not, I mean, I dont think Remakes ever outsold the original? (Correct me if I am wrong)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The original sold around 3 million according to Nintendo, but even with that taken into consideration I still don't think WWHD will outsell the original.. :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Probably not, I mean, I dont think Remakes ever outsold the original? (Correct me if I am wrong)

Mario 64 DS came close but missed it by 1m (mario64:11m, mario64ds: 10m) but no, not that I know of

I wouldn't bet on it :p

Helllllllllllllllllllll Noooooooooooooooo.............!

It sold over 1.2mil btw. It sell 2mil-2.5mil lifetime which is pretty damn good

You are all forgetting that millions of people bought MK8 and Nintendo has still not figured in the WW HD title that most people chose as their free digital download. These do count towards sales just like pack-in games do as well.

I believe it will outsell it, especially if Nintendo's official numbers for the GC version are that low.

Only time, sales and holidays will tell...

No. If 3DS Ocarina of Time didn't outsell (yet) the original with a bigger userbase, I don't think the WiiU version of the WindWaker will outsell its GC counterpart.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.