By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wind Waker HD outsell the original?

Will It?

Yes 51 25.89%

No 146 74.11%

Total:197

If Wii U has a 5 year life-cycle like I think, then I think the game can reach somewhere between 2 and 3 million.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Probably not, I mean, I dont think Remakes ever outsold the original? (Correct me if I am wrong)

Kirby Superstar Ultra

Resident Evil 4 (Wii/PS2)

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Skies of Arcadia Legends

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

I'm sure their are others.

I don't think so.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Sure ... if they give it away for free with every Wii U sold from here on out.

It won't because most remakes seldom outsell the originals.

Around the Network

Eh, that alleged 3.1 million Nintendo report (which I can find referred to by exactly one contemporary article and forum post? Not that I really doubt it.) came not even a year after WW released in its largest markets (based on Aonuma's reports that it was Japan where performance was highly disappointing).

Obviously it went on to sell more after that, how much I don't know. The player's choice version came out at the end of 2004, so none of those are included in the report.

WWHD doesn't have a prayer though. It won't hit 3 million even with the freebie downloads, much less whatever number (like our estimate of 4.6) WW ended up at.

Yeah, your prediction for the Wii U is way off. It'll be lucky to sell 15m.

No. Just no.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It could have on Wii, doubtful on Wii U.

Zelda remakes tend to sell in the 2-3 million range. It will not outsell the original and it was never intended to do so.