By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wind Waker HD outsell the original?

Will It?

Yes 51 25.89%

No 146 74.11%

Total:197

Nope. Very unlikely.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

You think that Wii U will outsell N64? Its below GameCube at same point in time, how will it suddenly get the jump to bear its predecessors

Not even close

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

No. It'll sell about 2-2.5 million or so within it's lifetime. 3 million..maybe, but that'd be hard. 2 million at the very least, though.

Wind Waker HD hit 1.22 million (with digital downloads) even before Mario Kart 8's freebie deal came out, so that was pretty good.

ExplodingBlock said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Probably not, I mean, I dont think Remakes ever outsold the original? (Correct me if I am wrong)

Mario 64 DS came close but missed it by 1m (mario64:11m, mario64ds: 10m) but no, not that I know of

That isn't a fair fight though. The original was on a home console from the mid 90's (much lower adoption rate hardware wise and much cheaper game price) and the other was on the most successful handheld ever.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
It could have on Wii, doubtful on Wii U.

If it were on Wii though, it wouldn't have been a remake. It would have been the same game lol

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Probably not, I mean, I dont think Remakes ever outsold the original? (Correct me if I am wrong)

mmmm lemme think

Nope.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

prayformojo said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
It could have on Wii, doubtful on Wii U.

If it were on Wii though, it wouldn't have been a remake. It would have been the same game lol

Zing!!!

The free game with Mario Kart 8 has no doubt given it a nice boost, but it's not outselling the original though. That's fine; the ROI on WWHD has to be massively favorable.