By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Playstation Beta Dates Exclusive DLC Content Has XB Fans Threatening To Pull Support

sales2099 said:
gergroy said:

You dont have to wait a year for "huge" dlc.  Like i said, only the things i mentioned are timed exclusive, xbox gamers will still get 99% of the dlc at the exact same time as the playstation gamers. They just wont have access to that one mp map, strike mission, and skins for a year (maybe, depends on when the expansions release). 

Again, more than enough content to keep xbox gamers hooked.

Ok maybe its all this PS! PS!PS! Destiny marketing confusing me, because I was led to believe all DLC was timed for a year. If the main DLC isn't timed, then I guess it isn't so bad.

Yeah, like i said earlier in the thread, activision and sony are doing their best to convince people there is only a sony version of this game, but when you actually look at what is exclusive here, it actually isnt a very big deal at all...

Around the Network

Are we certain this is "won't get the content until 1 year after release" and not just a timed exclusivity deal that lasts 1 year, like how CoD has a timed exclusivity deal that lasted 3 years? Didn't mean PS3 gamers had to wait 3 years to get content after it's initial release.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

To be fair, we DID get Minecraft for over a year. This really doesn't bother me at all though since I am not interested in Destiny that much.

CDiablo said:

Again it comes down to myself feeling they will additionally charge for the timed content and you thinking it will be free. I've become quite the skeptic about large gaming compainies being as nice as you paint them in this situation. Time will tell. You can in the very least see where some peoples frustration comes from if I am correct. Being mad cause there is timed DLC is pretty stupid, but if it means the people that own the other system have to pay more, there will be some uproar.

well.. honestly.. i don't see where the skepticism is with their pay for DLC model. Sure timed exclusivity is dumb in itself, but it's already here, and will continue to be a main staple of the gaming landscape whether we like it or not.  Nothing yet suggests that devs and publishers are planning on going beyond what's already established.  Sure, the length of time is the only thing different about exclusive content this time around, but that's no cause for concern about additional fees for DLC.  especially if they are planning to sell "passes" too, to add additional fees to unlock content in the DLC would certainly cause an uproar.. which i find no reason to believe that that's what they will/are planning to do.  As for the frustration of xbox gamers, I still believe it is the time length of the exclusivity.  even in this thread and those among bungie's and neogaf, the main themes are the length of exclusivity, the numbers of days on the beta, and the fact that  xbox owners feel Bungie, who use to make games exclusively for xbox, has given them the shaft on DLC exclusivity this gen.   

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

gergroy said:
Rafie said:
Azerth said:

tech we do not know 100% if the content will ever come to xbox all we know is we wont get it till atleast fall 2015

and skyrim was besthdas fault not ms paying them

Oh wow! Well, I guess I will be upset then. Oh and Bethesda did that EVERY time that new DLC for Skyrim was released? I thought that they had a deal with MS. PlayStation wasn't seeing s#$t with DLC at one point. Hell it was a time where Dragonborne and another DLC was already on 360 when there wasn't even an announcement for the PS3 version. I don't play Skyrim, but I kept up with the news. I thought that was crappy. So it really was Bethesda and not MS, then. Bethesda sucks for that. LOL

Wasnt neccessarily all bethesdas fault, it was partly due to the design of the ps3.  It was limited on the amount of ram they could use. which caused problems with their giant open world when they had to add more stuff to it.  360 technically had about the same amount of ram, but it was unified and the ps3s wasnt.  

Oh okay I see now. Limitations of the PS3 held it up. Not just Bethesda wanting to shaft PS gamers. Thanks for clearing that up, Gergroy!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

Oh yeah, this is gonna work...

Not that I like that sort of arrangement, I usually don't even look into these extras... but I think that the XB1 already being the smaller platform will only hurt them if the people who have it start that kind of thig... they may end up in a Wii U like situation where there is no 3rd party support, because there are too few customers buying the games anyway.

Microsoft is not even allowed to advertise this game or ship in Japan. Sony had to put out some big bucks for this.

Blob said:
All this "Microsoft and it's fans deserve it" being thrown about is petty childish behavior.... Especially seeing as PS fans had to put up with a more milder form of this last gen. It's a terrible tactic that no gamer should truly get behind.

@Bolded:  I believe that is the problem.  PS gamers are gloating about this tactic but forgetting that the next game could very well go the other way.  I only have a PS4 so its no big deal but I have to say if I only had a X1 I probably would not purchase Destiny until the game of the year addition.  It just seems like you are getting less for your money.

After the deal with Fallout 3, and then the crappy situation with Fallout: New Vegas, I have zero sympathy. I had to wait to get the first FO:NV DLC ON PC, for cat's sake, because it was exclusive to the 360 for several months.

Sony is simply playing Microsoft's hand, only they've upped the ante.

Don't worry so much guys...this practice of timed exclusivity will die as soon as the Xbox is gone. Just a few more months and we should see the end of it.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan