By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Playstation Beta Dates Exclusive DLC Content Has XB Fans Threatening To Pull Support

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I am sorry but when Microsoft did this to Sony with Cod DLC, these people didn't seem to complain and now that the tables have turned, they do? Well too bad, Microsoft really pushed this Exclusive DLC non-sense and I am glad they are paying the price even though I still hate the idea and I hope it stops in the near future

You just said what I came here to type lol So I'll just ^^^ point up. This sums up my thoughts. 

Around the Network

Boo Hoo. Those of us who only had a PS3 last gen had to deal with it for Xbox getting exclusive stuff, now it's their turn.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Torillian said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I know CoD content comes a month later. I did it on PS3 most of last gen. But you get all of it at once. You don't pay and get a piece and then get the rest of it later whenever the other platforms time is up using it. CoD is timed exclusive DLC. Destiny is timed exclusive DLC inside of DLC. It's easy to see why some people would be upset about that.

Last gen Sony had lots of games that had exclusive DLC included in the purchase price, content that never ever came to Xbox. You didn't see some Xbox fans flipping out because that content wasn't something they'd paid for. There's a big difference when you pay and only get a piece of what you paid for.

So the CoD situation is fine because even though the PS3 owners paid the same amount for their season pass they got it all late instead of getting 95% of it at the sae time?  

The issue you're having is a problem of how you view it.  You view it as XboxOne owners not getting everything they paid for, but that's not true, as long as the content of the DLC is explicitly stated then the XboxOne owners got exactly what they paid for, just turns out that it's a btter deal and you get more for the same price on PS4.  If this was something that was sprung on people after they bought the DLC I would agree with you, but as long as things are things are explicitly stated then the company is doing nothing wrong and consumers can decide for themselves if their version of the DLC is worth the cost, but Xbox Fans are by no means "only getting a piece of what they paid for".

There's no problem with how I view it. That's how I would view it as a consumer. You're welcome to view it a different way. Yes, I would rather have all content I pay for available on day one, even if that day one is 30 days after another platform gets it. Which is why I had no problem paying for CoD DLC on PS3 30 days later last gen. And I had no problem with Ass Creed on PS3 getting an exclusive mission. It wasn't something I paid for on another platform but was locked away.

If Activision gave us half the map pack on PS3 last gen and locked the other half away, I wouldn't have bought it. I am normally an easy going, half glass full type of guy, but that rubs me the wrong way. Obviously others agree and are making a bigger deal about it because they are looking forward to Destiny. IDGAF about Destiny but I would hate to see these shenanigans molest other games in the future.

there is no difference between the destiny dlc and the assassin's creed mission.

regardless, a platform holder (sony or ms) paid a publisher (activision, ea, ect) a sum of money to commision work that gives their consumers bonus content.  you can't tell me you have a problem with destiny and don't with assassin's creed.  they are the exact same.  the consumer pays a price for X amount of content and on one platform Y extra content is recieved paid for by the funds of the platform owner.

you are making it up in your head that xbox owners are entitled to the sony commissioned content and worse yet you are doing it inconsistently between destiny and assassin's creed.  sony paid for it,.. it really is as simple as that.   they are subsidizing the development of content.   ..and if that content goes to the other platform then sony are subsidizing the content for xbox owners as well.

KLXVER said:
BreedinBull said:
bad bad sony buying up timed exclusive dlc for elder scrolls, gta iv, cod, evolve, dragon ag...oh wait

You make it sound like people didnt complain about those...

not the ones doing it now

He's pointing out hypocracy.  As most Sony fans I don't like this practice but find it funny that Xbox fans are complaining so much and threatening protest when it's been going on for years.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

jnemesh said:
Don't worry so much guys...this practice of timed exclusivity will die as soon as the Xbox is gone. Just a few more months and we should see the end of it.

Lol ps brand is in more danger of going away than Xbox brand 

Around the Network

The hypocrisy. mmmhm

Hardcore_gamer said:
jnemesh said:
Don't worry so much guys...this practice of timed exclusivity will die as soon as the Xbox is gone. Just a few more months and we should see the end of it.

Think so, do you?  Just wait.

kitler53 said:

there is no difference between the destiny dlc and the assassin's creed mission.

regardless, a platform holder (sony or ms) paid a publisher (activision, ea, ect) a sum of money to commision work that gives their consumers bonus content.  you can't tell me you have a problem with destiny and don't with assassin's creed.  they are the exact same.  the consumer pays a price for X amount of content and on one platform Y extra content is recieved paid for by the funds of the platform owner.

you are making it up in your head that xbox owners are entitled to the sony commissioned content and worse yet you are doing it inconsistently between destiny and assassin's creed.  sony paid for it,.. it really is as simple as that.   they are subsidizing the development of content.   ..and if that content goes to the other platform then sony are subsidizing the content for xbox owners as well.

Well just to correct you, AFAIK the ACIV missions aren't ever going to be available on other platforms, so there's a pretty big difference right there. Another good example of DLC like that is the PS3 Medal of Honor DLC stuff, it never came to other consoles.

To correct you again, the timed exclusive DLC inside of the Destiny DLC would exist whether MicroSony wrote checks or not. I can easily tell you I had no problem with Ass Creed but do with Destiny. In fact I think the post you quoted even says as such. Help me understand why you are confused here.

As for the bold, what exactly am I "making up in my head"? And where did I ever say Xbone owners are entitled to anything, let alone "Sony commissioned content", whatever the heck that is LOL. I mean.. is there a point anywhere in that paragraph? So you're telling me Sony paid Activision a chunk of money for a window of exclusive access to part of a DLC pack that both consoles will get. Well gee golly mister thanks for explainin' business! All this time I figured Activision just likes the color of the PS4 more. The content is going to the other platforms, at a later date. Which is what makes the "Sony commissioned content" all the more hilarious.

Thanks, friend, but I understand Sony paid for first access. I don't even care that side A gets first access to this or that side B gets first access to that. My problem is its another lower level of exclusive content shenanigans that we haven't seen yet and I hope it doesn't spread to other games. But hey, I also like gaming on Xbox platforms as well as my Sony ones. That must mean I was on here making a thousand threads gloating about CoD (which I played on PS3) and Fallout (PC) and Skyrim (PS3) and whatever else you fools are generalizing about LOL. Entertaining thread.

Hardcore_gamer said:
jnemesh said:

both will not be going away, but no its not because SCE stock is not for public buy in, and infact SCEA,SCEE,SCEJ all are @ profit..so no Sony may sell off other parts of the company but playstation is already a LLC. BY IS VERY CORE ITS ALREADY A subsidiary which is stock is 100% owned by Sony and its not for sale! so again no the board already voted no on any public offering of any part of the entertainment arm of sony.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Well just to correct you, AFAIK the ACIV missions aren't ever going to be available on other platforms, so there's a pretty big difference right there. Another good example of DLC like that is the PS3 Medal of Honor DLC stuff, it never came to other consoles.

To correct you again, the timed exclusive DLC inside of the Destiny DLC would exist whether MicroSony wrote checks or not. I can easily tell you I had no problem with Ass Creed but do with Destiny. In fact I think the post you quoted even says as such. Help me understand why you are confused here.

As for the bold, what exactly am I "making up in my head"? And where did I ever say Xbone owners are entitled to anything, let alone "Sony commissioned content", whatever the heck that is LOL. I mean.. is there a point anywhere in that paragraph? So you're telling me Sony paid Activision a chunk of money for a window of exclusive access to part of a DLC pack that both consoles will get. Well gee golly mister thanks for explainin' business! All this time I figured Activision just likes the color of the PS4 more. The content is going to the other platforms, at a later date. Which is what makes the "Sony commissioned content" all the more hilarious.

Thanks, friend, but I understand Sony paid for first access. I don't even care that side A gets first access to this or that side B gets first access to that. My problem is its another lower level of exclusive content shenanigans that we haven't seen yet and I hope it doesn't spread to other games. But hey, I also like gaming on Xbox platforms as well as my Sony ones. That must mean I was on here making a thousand threads gloating about CoD (which I played on PS3) and Fallout (PC) and Skyrim (PS3) and whatever else you fools are generalizing about LOL. Entertaining thread.

..but you don't know that to be true.    to be fair, i don't know it to be untrue but that's the problem of video games having not even the slightest definition for "complete".    complete is whatever ships or at leasts that's the closest definition anyone could make.

what get's me is how the slightest little variations on the idea of "platform exclusivity" get such different responses.   like really, how can you not be upset about the assissin's creed senario?!   are you really telling me that you'd feel better about the entire destiny situation if the content just never came to xbox?   how silly of a perspective is that?!   how silly is it that you'd feel better about missing a part of the game entirely than getting the entire experience eventually.

i'm not saying platform exclusive content isn't dumb,.. it's dumb.  i wish this trend never started.    ...but there is nothing about the destiny situation that is any more inferiating than the other dozen or so games with platform exclusive content launching in the next 12 months.