By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Playstation Beta Dates Exclusive DLC Content Has XB Fans Threatening To Pull Support

kitler53 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Well just to correct you, AFAIK the ACIV missions aren't ever going to be available on other platforms, so there's a pretty big difference right there. Another good example of DLC like that is the PS3 Medal of Honor DLC stuff, it never came to other consoles.

To correct you again, the timed exclusive DLC inside of the Destiny DLC would exist whether MicroSony wrote checks or not. I can easily tell you I had no problem with Ass Creed but do with Destiny. In fact I think the post you quoted even says as such. Help me understand why you are confused here.

As for the bold, what exactly am I "making up in my head"? And where did I ever say Xbone owners are entitled to anything, let alone "Sony commissioned content", whatever the heck that is LOL. I mean.. is there a point anywhere in that paragraph? So you're telling me Sony paid Activision a chunk of money for a window of exclusive access to part of a DLC pack that both consoles will get. Well gee golly mister thanks for explainin' business! All this time I figured Activision just likes the color of the PS4 more. The content is going to the other platforms, at a later date. Which is what makes the "Sony commissioned content" all the more hilarious.

Thanks, friend, but I understand Sony paid for first access. I don't even care that side A gets first access to this or that side B gets first access to that. My problem is its another lower level of exclusive content shenanigans that we haven't seen yet and I hope it doesn't spread to other games. But hey, I also like gaming on Xbox platforms as well as my Sony ones. That must mean I was on here making a thousand threads gloating about CoD (which I played on PS3) and Fallout (PC) and Skyrim (PS3) and whatever else you fools are generalizing about LOL. Entertaining thread.

..but you don't know that to be true.    to be fair, i don't know it to be untrue but that's the problem of video games having not even the slightest definition for "complete".    complete is whatever ships or at leasts that's the closest definition anyone could make.

what get's me is how the slightest little variations on the idea of "platform exclusivity" get such different responses.   like really, how can you not be upset about the assissin's creed senario?!   are you really telling me that you'd feel better about the entire destiny situation if the content just never came to xbox?   how silly of a perspective is that?!   how silly is it that you'd feel better about missing a part of the game entirely than getting the entire experience eventually.

i'm not saying platform exclusive content isn't dumb,.. it's dumb.  i wish this trend never started.    ...but there is nothing about the destiny situation that is any more inferiating than the other dozen or so games with platform exclusive content launching in the next 12 months.

No, we can pretty much guarantee that to be true. There is no logical reason anyone could come up with to believe that Activision was not going to put out DLC for Destiny or that now they suddenly decided due to this Sony partnership that there should be MORE multiplatform DLC. The Ass Creed stuff is Sony exclusive so its a whole different ball game. Would that exist without Sony monies? Who knows. Either way, Sony paid for it, so if I wanted the game I would buy it on their console and get it or another and deal. Or not at all. I chose not at all, but not for DLC reasons.

Another example of my point of view is Bad Company 2. It locked content on the disc for the online pass owners. I sold it soon after release because I got tired of what they had unlocked. There was a Phantasy Star Online game on PS2 that did the same thing. No thanks. If I pay for content, I want the content. I don't want it locked away for whatever reason. This reason being because Sony wrote a check.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Blob said:
All this "Microsoft and it's fans deserve it" being thrown about is petty childish behavior.... Especially seeing as PS fans had to put up with a more milder form of this last gen. It's a terrible tactic that no gamer should truly get behind.

@Bolded:  I believe that is the problem.  PS gamers are gloating about this tactic but forgetting that the next game could very well go the other way.  I only have a PS4 so its no big deal but I have to say if I only had a X1 I probably would not purchase Destiny until the game of the year addition.  It just seems like you are getting less for your money.

Yep, some can sit there gloating and claiming hypocrysy. But to those who had a 360 last gen it didnt really matter that PS3 got the DLC later as it didnt affect them so they didn't know what it felt like.  I for one couldn't have cared less if the PS3 got the DLC at the same time as the 360 games like it shouldve, because 1 month early DLC doesn't really make anyone feel special.  its a worthless perk to the gamer, only useful for the console owner to chuck on a marketing poster.

I am still trying to figure out why not having the extra gear and strike pack will hurt the Xbox game play. This is nothing like the pre-order bonuses that amazon and gamestop hand out that could make other players have better weapons and perks in multiplayer on the same console. If anything they should be more pissed off that the only way to get a better vehicle, without ordering ghost edition, is to pre-order through gamestop. Pre-order perks is worse than this scenario.

I guess this boils down to an entitlement mentality which is kind of like what my kids have from time to time. Behavior one would not expect from mature adults.
"You gave PS players this, then we, Xbox players, deserve that as well (wah) ."
"We got content first on Xbox before Playstation? Well, sucks to be them."
Chock this whole episode up to #firstworldproblems

Euphoria14 said:

Go ahead.

I just want to see this same complaining when we no doubt see the exclusive XBone content for games in the future and refusal to buy those game because of it.

we should bookmark this thread.