By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Playstation Beta Dates Exclusive DLC Content Has XB Fans Threatening To Pull Support

Rafie said:
sales2099 said:

Actually if you stop and look back, yes this is worse. Speaking of timed DLC, MS paid for a month with COD every year. This is a year timed DLC, along with longer beta, DLC within the DLC, and all that marketing jazz that ensures exclusive-like benefits to PS.

To my understanding, Xbox users are getting all DLC that PlayStation users are getting. They're just getting it at a much later date. Am I wrong?

I think this DLC fiasco is the same as any, just structured differently than the normal 30 to 180 day exclusivity (Skyrim). Both are getting season passes with the same content. The exclusive part is where whose getting it first, not that the content itself won't ever be available to the other platform. I can see if Xbox gamers are upset if the content NEVER comes to the One and they are paying the same price as PS gamers. However, this just seems as though one platform is getting more content first before the other. Am I understanding that right? If I'm not, please clear it up for me so I'm not misinformed.

You didn't prove me wrong. 1 year > 1 month.

In gaming years.....1 year means everything. It might as well be exclusive to PS4. You think Destiny Xbox gamers will be as into the game fall 2015? No. Newer and hyped games of that year will take the spotlight. 1 month is fine, the game is still fresh in our minds. 1 year........why bother.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Rafie said:
sales2099 said:
Rafie said:
sales2099 said:
"However, Sony and Activision have heavily played up the Destiny on the PS4 and PS3 to the point where it has almost been advertised as exclusive to the consoles. As a matter of fact, the game will be exclusive to Playstation in Japan."

Now......I have the impression that the game IS exclusive to PS. Every other version is like a Chinese ripoff. It exists, its similar, but not the real thing.

It is a good thing I stopped caring about Bungie after they butchered the Halo Reach storyline. But as a Xbox fan, this kind of console favoritism outdoes anything MS did in the past with multiplats.

You can't be serious, can you?

Actually if you stop and look back, yes this is worse. Speaking of timed DLC, MS paid for a month with COD every year. This is a year timed DLC, along with longer beta, DLC within the DLC, and all that marketing jazz that ensures exclusive-like benefits to PS.

To my understanding, Xbox users are getting all DLC that PlayStation users are getting. They're just getting it at a much later date. Am I wrong?

I think this DLC fiasco is the same as any, just structured differently than the normal 30 to 180 day exclusivity (Skyrim). Both are getting season passes with the same content. The exclusive part is where whose getting it first, not that the content itself won't ever be available to the other platform. I can see if Xbox gamers are upset if the content NEVER comes to the One and they are paying the same price as PS gamers. However, this just seems as though one platform is getting more content first before the other. Am I understanding that right? If I'm not, please clear it up for me so I'm not misinformed.

tech we do not know 100% if the content will ever come to xbox all we know is we wont get it till atleast fall 2015

and skyrim was besthdas fault not ms paying them

sales2099 said:
Rafie said:
sales2099 said:

In gaming years.....1 year means everything. It might as well be exclusive to PS4. You think Destiny Xbox gamers will be as into the game fall 2015? No. Newer and hyped games of that year will take the spotlight. 1 month is fine, the game is still fresh in our minds. 1 year........why bother.

Oh I wasn't trying to prove you wrong. I really wanted to know if I got my info misconstrued. I hear you on the length of time and I think it's pretty rotten of Sony themselves to keep it exclusive for that long. I hate practices like this. However, I'm not going to sit here and say that Microsoft don't do the same things. Sony just took it to another level. Still I agree though. A year is overkill.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

sales2099 said:
Rafie said

You know, kitler did a pretty good job of convincing me that this isnt a very big deal.  Destiny is a huge game, the expansions are supposed to be huge as well.  The exclusive content is one mp map, a strike mission, and bunch of skins, thats it.  If you didnt read about it on the internet you would never miss it.  There will be more than enough content in destiny to keep you occupied.  

Is it a dick move by activision? Sure, but it also isnt that big of a deal as you are still getting 99% of the content at the same time.  

Azerth said:
Rafie said:
sales2099 said:
Rafie said:
sales2099 said:
"However, Sony and Activision have heavily played up the Destiny on the PS4 and PS3 to the point where it has almost been advertised as exclusive to the consoles. As a matter of fact, the game will be exclusive to Playstation in Japan."

Now......I have the impression that the game IS exclusive to PS. Every other version is like a Chinese ripoff. It exists, its similar, but not the real thing.

It is a good thing I stopped caring about Bungie after they butchered the Halo Reach storyline. But as a Xbox fan, this kind of console favoritism outdoes anything MS did in the past with multiplats.

tech we do not know 100% if the content will ever come to xbox all we know is we wont get it till atleast fall 2015

Oh wow! Well, I guess I will be upset then. Oh and Bethesda did that EVERY time that new DLC for Skyrim was released? I thought that they had a deal with MS. PlayStation wasn't seeing s#$t with DLC at one point. Hell it was a time where Dragonborne and another DLC was already on 360 when there wasn't even an announcement for the PS3 version. I don't play Skyrim, but I kept up with the news. I thought that was crappy. So it really was Bethesda and not MS, then. Bethesda sucks for that. LOL

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
gergroy said:
sales2099 said:
Rafie said

You know, kitler did a pretty good job of convincing me that this isnt a very big deal.  Destiny is a huge game, the expansions are supposed to be huge as well.  The exclusive content is one mp map, a strike mission, and bunch of skins, thats it.  If you didnt read about it on the internet you would never miss it.  There will be more than enough content in destiny to keep you occupied.  

Is it a dick move by activision? Sure, but it also isnt that big of a deal as you are still getting 99% of the content at the same time.  

Waiting a year for "huge" DLC is a big deal, because most will have moved on to newer and more current games by then. Someone who just got the game will most defenitely not be as into it after 12 months.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Rafie said:
Azerth said:
Rafie said:
sales2099 said:
Rafie said:
sales2099 said:

Oh wow! Well, I guess I will be upset then. Oh and Bethesda did that EVERY time that new DLC for Skyrim was released? I thought that they had a deal with MS. PlayStation wasn't seeing s#$t with DLC at one point. Hell it was a time where Dragonborne and another DLC was already on 360 when there wasn't even an announcement for the PS3 version. I don't play Skyrim, but I kept up with the news. I thought that was crappy. So it really was Bethesda and not MS, then. Bethesda sucks for that. LOL

ya as far as i rememeber it was them.  i know they had problems making the ps3 verison stable and all that and wanted to fix the main game before they put the dlc out but still a crappy situation. 

sales2099 said:
gergroy said:
sales2099 said:

Waiting a year for "huge" DLC is a big deal, because most will have moved on to newer and more current games by then. Someone who just got the game will most defenitely not be as into it after 12 months.

You dont have to wait a year for "huge" dlc.  Like i said, only the things i mentioned are timed exclusive, xbox gamers will still get 99% of the dlc at the exact same time as the playstation gamers. They just wont have access to that one mp map, strike mission, and skins for a year (maybe, depends on when the expansions release). 

Again, more than enough content to keep xbox gamers hooked.

Rafie said:
Azerth said:

Wasnt neccessarily all bethesdas fault, it was partly due to the design of the ps3.  It was limited on the amount of ram they could use. which caused problems with their giant open world when they had to add more stuff to it.  360 technically had about the same amount of ram, but it was unified and the ps3s wasnt.  

gergroy said:
sales2099 said:

You dont have to wait a year for "huge" dlc.  Like i said, only the things i mentioned are timed exclusive, xbox gamers will still get 99% of the dlc at the exact same time as the playstation gamers. They just wont have access to that one mp map, strike mission, and skins for a year (maybe, depends on when the expansions release). 

Again, more than enough content to keep xbox gamers hooked.

Ok maybe its all this PS! PS!PS! Destiny marketing confusing me, because I was led to believe all DLC was timed for a year. If the main DLC isn't timed, then I guess it isn't so bad.