By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

BHR-3 said:
yeah i agree

at least tomb raider got tressfx hair and gta5 is a almost a complete overall of the games assests

At least TLOU has 1080p resolution and 60 fps, worth it for me.

Though I can't tell if you're being serious.

Around the Network

Well, another 24 days of articles like the one in OP, then a few weeks of threads wondering how about a million people is naive enough to buy this pointless game.
Just the perfect timing to give a free pass to all those Diablo 3 double-dippers :)

Cross-generation releases are not uncommon. It makes perfect sense for a third party developer to release a title on as many platforms as possible so that their titles can reach the biggest possible audience. But Sony is not a third party developer.

When The Last of Us was marketed as a Playstation 3 exclusive title, people took their word for it. Having the game announced for another platform capable of superior textures, frame-rate and video resolution less than one year after release was not expected by anyone.

Sony started working on the remake immediately after the original was completed, meaning that they deliberately made people buy the inferior version without letting people know that there was a better version in development. All in a successful attempt to make the game sell more copies than it otherwise would have, had they been honest.

Also, fuck GOTY editions.

Raziel123 said:
Burek said:

Halo 4 was not released in 2013. Two years is long enough for a remaster, 100% longer than in this case.

Any amount of time is enough for a remaster, as long as it has its benefits provided from superior hardware. TLOU could have been released in 2007, doesn't matter to me, it was running on PS3 no matter the date. PS3 = PS3, PS4 = PS4. 360 =360, XB1 = XB1. 2007 or 2013, same thing as long as it's the same original hardware.

Even if they were released, let´s say, on the same day? :)

Burek said:
Well, another 24 days of articles like the one in OP, then a few weeks of threads wondering how about a million people is naive enough to buy this pointless game.
Just the perfect timing to give a free pass to all those Diablo 3 double-dippers :)

All those people destroying the industry by buying a great game at even greater graphic fidelity and with all the DLC included, why can't people just all buy what I deem worthy of peoples money?

Around the Network

Good title bait.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Tomb raider didn't really "get" anything other than a different Lara model, the rest was already on PC. In fact some assets were actually downscaled from PC cause the consoles couldn't handle all of it. Not to mention It sadly doens't run at consistent 60fps, though the PS4 is close enough to justify the upgrade. And given the similarities in architecture with PC, i'm positive that TR:DE was a much easier port than TLOU Remastered. Neil himself said it was "hell" to make the transition from PS3 to PS4. Tomb raider didn't do that because there was a PC version to help it.

And I wouldn't believe that GTA5 is getting an overhaul of anything. It is just a "delayed" PC version+port to consoles.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Cross-generation releases are not uncommon. It makes perfect sense for a third party developer to release a title on as many platforms as possible so that their titles can reach the biggest possible audience. But Sony is not a third party developer.

When The Last of Us was marketed as a Playstation 3 exclusive title, people took their word for it. Having the game announced for another platform capable of superior textures, frame-rate and video resolution less than one year after release was not expected by anyone.

Sony started working on the remake immediately after the original was completed, meaning that they deliberately made people buy the inferior version without letting people know that there was a better version in development. All in a successful attempt to make the game sell more copies than it otherwise would have, had they been honest.

Also, fuck GOTY editions.

So basically a lose-lose situation, because the same people complaing now would have complained that Sony purposely skipped releasing TLOU on PS3 to screw over 80M users and force a new piece of hardware onto them, all in a cash grab attempt at selling more PS4 consoles...

Puppyroach said:
Raziel123 said:
Burek said:

Halo 4 was not released in 2013. Two years is long enough for a remaster, 100% longer than in this case.

Any amount of time is enough for a remaster, as long as it has its benefits provided from superior hardware. TLOU could have been released in 2007, doesn't matter to me, it was running on PS3 no matter the date. PS3 = PS3, PS4 = PS4. 360 =360, XB1 = XB1. 2007 or 2013, same thing as long as it's the same original hardware.

Even if they were released, let´s say, on the same day? :)

You mean a PS3 and PS4 version on the same day? Wouldn't that just be a cross gen release?

I thought it was obvious this re-release is aimed at those who didn't play the original version of the game. Theres 8 mil PS4 users, theres bound to be a lot of users who didn't get the game on PS3, or who didn't have a PS3, so from my view its reasonable for those gamers to be the primary audience for this re-release.