By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

gta V isnt a remake... its a multiplat game. or is watchdogs for wii u a remake 2?

Around the Network

Well, just to defend the haters a bit, I'm sure many Sony fans would make hundreds of hate threads if Microsoft decided to port any of their critically acclaimed 2013 X360 exclusives over to XOne this year.

Euphoria14 said:

Can't wait to see the whiny, bitchy threads and blog posts throughout this generation each and every time a GoTY Edition is revealed that is a 1-year old game with the DLC added. Those of course won't have increased performance in terms of graphics, resolution and frame rates so I REALLY expect the shit to hit the fan in the coming years.

Of course we know that won't happen though. Tomb Raider and GTA V already got a free pass. Yeah, TR & GTA V got graphical & fps bump in it's defense...

... but so does TLOUR.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition definitely DID NOT get a free pass.  It kinda pissed me off how much hate Tomb Raider was getting because I really wanted it (and I got it....along with a ton of other gamers) despite already owning the 360 version!  

I'm cool with it, though.  It's a game I wanted and I got it and, in the words of the immortal Tupac, "Fuck the world!"  My sole complaint about The Last of Us Remastered (which I'm also going to buy even though I already got it for PS3) is that I suspect that some people that hated on "Tomb Raider Fraud Edition" are gushing over TLoU for doing virtually the exact same thing!  The only difference being that TR for PS4 isn't a huge leap over TR for PC and TLoU not having a PC version at all.

generic-user-1 said:
gta V isnt a remake... its a multiplat game. or is watchdogs for wii u a remake 2?

GTA V released on PS3/360, now it is releasing on PS4/XBone, with graphical upgrades and likely fps bump too. It is a Remaster.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

generic-user-1 said:

So it TLOU and Tomb Raider etc. As were the games like Tomb Raider Legend, Burnout Revenge and Hitman etc on Xbox 360 in it's first 12 months.

The only thing is, the "next gen" versions have been announced later and have improved visual fidelity.

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. GTAV was announced only for PS3 and 360 too. Like with TLOU and previously with Tomb Raider, I welcome a next gen release.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

But have you bought it on PS3 or would you buy it in PS4 if it wasn't 60 fps (consider in this case that the PS3 version never existed)?

I have it on PS3. If it were 30fps on PS4, i'd wait until a price drop to get it again. At 60fps, i'm getting it day one.

Burek said:

Well, just to defend the haters a bit, I'm sure many Sony fans would make hundreds of hate threads if Microsoft decided to port any of their critically acclaimed 2013 X360 exclusives over to XOne this year.

Halo 4 is being ported over, as part of the MCC.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Dark_Feanor said:
FentonCrackshell said:
Many PS4 owners weren't PS3 owners. The game is a gem and now new players to the Playstation brand can enjoy it. I think that fact alone makes it worthwhile.

Sony says that a lot, but if you think based on a mathematical aproach it´s a little hard to belive its sense:

1: We have 80mi PS3 vs 8mi PS4.

2: TLOU sould more than 6mi on the PS3.

3: Sony once said that 1/3 of PS4 owners didn´t have a PS3.

So, right now there is about 2,5mi PS4 players that didn´t have the oportunity to play TLOU. Then using the PS3 attached rate would you say that 1/10 of PS4 owners are probally buying the Remastered version?

But then, wasn´t TLOU so good why those people didn´t buy a PS3 and enjoyed the game last year? 

If VGChartz is correct the bump em hardware sales was very small last year. 

Right now they are in the position to sell an extra 1milion this year and 2 or 3 milion lifetime.

And for the first few week I can bet any one that most of sales will be for games that played the original version.

PS: Why ND is so reserved in showing more of the game?

Sony actually said that 48% of current PS4 owners didn't own a PS3, believe that or not, fact is a very big percentage of PS4 owners haven't played TLOU.

Also are you really asking why not a lot of people bought a system that was about to have its successor released in a couple months just for one game?

d21lewis said:
Euphoria14 said:

Can't wait to see the whiny, bitchy threads and blog posts throughout this generation each and every time a GoTY Edition is revealed that is a 1-year old game with the DLC added. Those of course won't have increased performance in terms of graphics, resolution and frame rates so I REALLY expect the shit to hit the fan in the coming years.

Of course we know that won't happen though. Tomb Raider and GTA V already got a free pass. Yeah, TR & GTA V got graphical & fps bump in it's defense...

... but so does TLOUR.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition definitely DID NOT get a free pass.  It kinda pissed me off how much hate Tomb Raider was getting because I really wanted it (and I got it....along with a ton of other gamers) despite already owning the 360 version!  

I'm cool with it, though.  It's a game I wanted and I got it and, in the words of the immortal Tupac, "Fuck the world!"  My sole complaint about The Last of Us Remastered (which I'm also going to buy even though I already got it for PS3) is that I suspect that some people that hated on "Tomb Raider Fraud Edition" are gushing over TLoU for doing virtually the exact same thing!  The only difference being that TR for PS4 isn't a huge leap over TR for PC and TLoU not having a PC version at all.

I must have missed the hate then. I got it and played it though, so no worries here, I am in the same boat as you. I don't see the big deal with these editions.

I just think gamers like to complain.

Currently playing:

"but a slap in the face to PS4 owners who bought the full priced game just a tad over a year ago"

Stopped reading here. Some people are just silly.

4 ≈ One